Support/Awareness Ribbons

MimiFL

I know awareness ribbons have been designed before but I was looking for a ribbon that you don’t have to glue in the center to hold it together, so I came up with this one. One ‘leg’ has a gap halfway up, and you pass the other leg through it when you’re done, so everything holds together without the help of any props. It’s worked in thread with a #7 hook, and done in very short rows. They're about 2 in. high by about 3/4 in. wide. I made them in cancer awareness colors, plus red for aids and yellow for the troops. As you can see, I made lots of them (one takes about 10 min.). Hope you like them. :pink

I can post the pattern if anyone's interested.

blue_aw_ribbon.jpg

aw_ribbons.jpg

I've posted the pattern here. :)

I didn't have any cranberry or purple on hand, otherwise I would've used those too - I used just about every color I had! ;)

I'll add the pattern to my free patterns page, and will likely include the most common colors there, including those two.

I've posted the pattern here. :)

I didn't have any cranberry or purple on hand, otherwise I would've used those too - I used just about every color I had! ;)

I'll add the pattern to my free patterns page, and will likely include the most common colors there, including those two.

Thank You for sharing the pattern with us

I think these are wonderful - you did a great job - I too have been looking for one without a stitch or glue holding the center in place!:):):)

I am a survivor as well as a team member on the Angels of Hope team in our local ACS Relay for Life in the Fall (Oct) I have been making the survivor ribbon shawls that RoseRed of Inspired Crochet so graciously shared the pattern for and I am on my 6th one!!!

So also would I love to make some of these little ribbons to have at our booth too! 100% of the profit made from team raffles and sales goes to the American Cancer Society :pink:pink:pink and since I am not much of a fundraiser ahead of the relay - it is my way of doing my part to raise money for the cause the day of the relay - everything goes fairly quickly:cheer

Thanks again for sharing the pattern!!!:yay

Mimi - thanks so much for including fibro/chronic pain in your ribbons. most of the time it gets forgotten (not by those who have it though - LOL) up until recently i didnt even know there was a ribbon for us - so thank you soooo much!!

Archived