Sugar 'n Cream yarn combo pack

mellybelly

So, I was in HL today (as if I needed to be!) and saw something new.

It was a pack with three of the BIG skeins of Sugar 'n Creme naturals yarn. There were different ones with different colors, but all contained one solid and two matching ombres. It also included a pattern book. At our HL, it was right at $23. Wondering if that sounds like a good deal? Sometimes HL tends to be a little pricey but I haven't seen a combo deal like that anywhere else.

Just wondering if any of you have run into these, and if it's a good deal?

If you figure it by ounces and look to see what the little ones are then it is usually well wort it. I have bought a couple of these! I love them they have colors in that you can't buy in the little balls!! They are great if you are making kitchen sets all the same dye lot and no extra ends to weave!!

I think by the ounce that's a pretty decent price. I bought two of them last week with a 40% off coupon, so I got $9 off each one, a great deal. They are on sale this coming week at HL for $18-19 (I forget the exact price).

:D Thanks for the input! I'd never seen them before. It seemed like a pretty good deal to me, especially since it came with the pattern book, because those can be pretty expensive by themselves.

I may have to journey back over there this week and grab one! :devil

You can order the 3 pak on craftsetc.com. When I came back from Tenn in Feb. I had bought a kit and just loved it. I do not have a HL in Pa. I have been talking to craftsetc as I wanted another kit and could not get one. They just started to sell them and they were on sale about a month ago and they were $17.95 a kit.

The pattern booklets are about $3.99 each. The large skeins, when/if you can find them or an equivelent, are about $7.99 each. I bought a combo pack for $19 and thought that was a good deal. I really wanted the pattern booklet which I hadn't seen anywhere before. Of course, I have yet to make anything because my LIST is way too long!

I have been looking at these for several months now at my HL but have not purchased one yet. I think here they are $20. The colors just haven't been what I would like them to be. They have been dull colors and I like the more bright cheery ones :lol. But it is well worth it.

There were only 4 or 5 of them on the shelf, so now I'm paranoid that they'll be sold out when I go back! Payday is Thursday, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! The colors were more neutral/earthy tones, except for one that had some bright pinks in it. Seemed like they were in the process of re-working the yarn section, so I'm HOPING they were going to put more out.

HL is all we have other than WM in the town I live in. I hate commuting almost 30 miles each way to work, but the fact that there's a Michael's AND a JoAnn's both within 3 miles of work makes it worth it! Between the gas prices and the fact that I can't stay outta these stores, ya'll may see me hitching a ride on the side of the road, holding a big sign that says 'WILL CROCHET FOR FOOD' :lol

Archived