catnip toys

jandellen

Here are a few ami toys that I made for my kitties last year for Christmas. :cat They are all crochet except for the knitted purple mouse in the middle. They are filled with catnip and the cats just love to bat them all around the house! :D (I really need to make them some more!)

th_amimice.jpg

(clickable)

Thanks everyone! I really enjoyed making them. We have 4 older cats and they all wake up long enough to play with them for hours! :heehee I found the pattern for the crocheted mice here: http://kristieskids.weebly.com/patterns1.html The knitted mouse is from SnB Nation from the Catwarming Set. And the ball is something I just played with until it ended up being a ball! :) They are actuall pretty easy and work up quick!

Ellen, My little niece just got a kitten and she has asked me to make her some toys. Can you please tell me where you got the catnip. I cannot seem to find any around here.

Debby

Hi Debby, I got the catnip in the pet section of Fred Meyer's in Oregon (it's like a WalMart or Target on the west coast). I bought loose catnip that comes in a pouch. If that doesn't work, you'd definitely be able to find it at a Petco or Pet Smart. Good luck!!

• 6 months later...

Archived