Dazzle Twine

chessie

Not sure if this is the right category :think

But I was at Lowes today and I bought some of this they have it for .98 cents.They have the same thing at Wal-Mart for $1.54

I thought I would make up some keychains with it. :crocheting

Have not seen this lowes type twine in person but pix looks the same stuff I found at big lots or somewhere in a pack of 6 colors and it worked great for the center part of crochet kitchen scrubbers/i.e where the pattern calls for nylon thread not a plastic puff, then surrounded by cotton . or in some patterns just the nylon is used for smaller type scrubbies ..I thought the color would bleed but it didn't and it even washs well..at least the twine I used didn't bleed, infact I know I have even bleached it as I use these for bathroom cleaning along with kitchen..so happy to see this post as the stuff I bought is long gone and they never restocked it. Gonna run to lowes later, if you didn't already know crochetpatterncentral has one of the best scrubbies lists I have found, Oh sidenote: lol crochet this twine for soap holders for those yucky bar soaps you know you have laying around from gifts haha that just slime up the ceramic type holders..or place one of these in your holders and then can toss in washer kinda like a soap buffer slime reliever..anyhow man your hooks and have fun..

Have not seen this lowes type twine in person but pix looks the same stuff I found at big lots or somewhere in a pack of 6 colors and it worked great for the center part of crochet kitchen scrubbers/i.e where the pattern calls for nylon thread not a plastic puff, then surrounded by cotton . or in some patterns just the nylon is used for smaller type scrubbies ..I thought the color would bleed but it didn't and it even washs well..at least the twine I used didn't bleed, infact I know I have even bleached it as I use these for bathroom cleaning along with kitchen..so happy to see this post as the stuff I bought is long gone and they never restocked it. Gonna run to lowes later, if you didn't already know crochetpatterncentral has one of the best scrubbies lists I have found, Oh sidenote: lol crochet this twine for soap holders for those yucky bar soaps you know you have laying around from gifts haha that just slime up the ceramic type holders..or place one of these in your holders and then can toss in washer kinda like a soap buffer slime reliever..anyhow man your hooks and have fun..

I got one of each color.I thought I would make keychains

DazzleTwine.jpg

okay update: just in case anyone is gonna use this Lowes twine for scrubbies I mentioned above, I ran down and bought some and it seems to be thinner than the one I used for scrubbies before..so if you use this I would either double strand it or go up to about a K if you choose to one strand it for the twine scrubby part ( I would do a little test first and see if it looks thick enough) and then go down to to the H or whatever for the cotton..

Oh and would love to see your keychain ideas..this twine looks thin enough for beads too...

100_0440.jpg

I found some at Wal Mart and thought it looked fun, so I made some flowers with it. I really like the way it holds it shape. I am gonna have to try Lowes now to get a better deal. :hook

Archived