Carol Ventura's Blog

I'm quite tempted to try making my own hook handles as per her demonstration. It seems easy enough for even me to do.

The work itself is pretty neat too.

I'd like to try this too. Looks easy and simple and would be better for my hands.

Those hooks do look pretty interesting don't they. I may have to do that.

Hubby told me not to fool myself, it was just another excuse to go to the craft store and go look and buy more yarn. Silly man, Like I would really need an excuse!

I'm quite tempted to try making my own hook handles as per her demonstration. It seems easy enough for even me to do.

The work itself is pretty neat too.

I haven't watched the video yet, so she may say this in the video:

Do NOT bake the clay in the same oven that you bake food.

ETA: I just went to watch the video and it is no longer available. If you make the hook handles, be careful with the clay. If you use a knife to cut the clay, make it an old one and use it only for clay.

When I made things with clay, I baked it in a toaster oven that was for clay only. The clay puts off fumes that sticks to the oven and every time the oven is heated up, the fumes are released.

When I made things with clay, I baked it in a toaster oven that was for clay only. The clay puts off fumes that sticks to the oven and every time the oven is heated up, the fumes are released.

Thanks for the info! I don't think I'd like clay-tasting food very much! :yuck

Archived