What to do with this yarn?

I was at Joann today, and they had Bernat Cool Crochet yarn on clearance for only 97 cents each! I bought the four or five skeins they had left, just couldn't leave it there for that price. :lol It's a kind of creamy color.

But what do I do with it?? :think Any ideas?? One idea of thought of was to crochet some "tag collars" for my dogs....

Like my father in law would say, we've found so many bargains, we're broke! :lol

I bought a bunch of yarn too for 97 cents at JoAnn's. I got some RH soft and some bernats camo. We had lots more too! Including the cool crochet. I have some here to but don't know what to do with it either. I think I will try to find a pattern. JoAnn's has those free patterns on their yarn isles with ideas....I think I will look for one when I go to work there tomorrow!!!!

I don't see THAT good of deals at my JoAnns...guess I keep missing out. Excellent deal on the cool crochet...that's a nice yarn...It would make a lovely summer top...and 4-5 skeins would be plenty for simple top, I would think...granted that depends on what you make...but I came up with a v-neck, sleeveless top that took only 3 skeins (I'm a 10-12/med)...if it blocks back into shape (I made some ribs that stretched :( ) maybe I'll post pics.

I don't see THAT good of deals at my JoAnns...guess I keep missing out. Excellent deal on the cool crochet...that's a nice yarn...It would make a lovely summer top...and 4-5 skeins would be plenty for simple top, I would think...granted that depends on what you make...but I came up with a v-neck, sleeveless top that took only 3 skeins (I'm a 10-12/med)...if it blocks back into shape (I made some ribs that stretched :( ) maybe I'll post pics.

I find great bargains at my Joann's like this whenever I go in and I save lot's of money since the bins are always empty by the time I visit the store, LOL

I find great bargains at my Joann's like this whenever I go in and I save lot's of money since the bins are always empty by the time I visit the store, LOL

LOL! Me 2. I was beginning to wonder if they were just marking the empty bins with the sale tags to make you *think* they had clearance sales all the time and then you'd come in more often looking for them. :lol

• 2 months later...

I hope I am posting this correctly, it will be my first post. I'm not horribly new to crochet, but appear to be out of my league when it comes to this pattern. I can crochet in the round, but I can't even get to the 4th row with any degree of success. The bottom of the bootie is kind of a figure 8.

Row 1: ch 11, sc in 2nd from hook (place stitch marker), sc in next 8 ch, 5 sc in the last ch, working on the underside of the chain: sc in the next 8 ch, sl st to the 1st sc (the one with the st marker) ch 1. I come up with an extra st or so here, kinda like a lump that sticks out. Do I skip over a st to join? Seems like the first st I created puts the count to 9 rather than 8 on the bottom side.

Row 2: 2sc in the firs st (place marker after the 1 sc of this row), [why does is say AFTER, shouldn't it be 'in the 1st st'?] sc in the next 7 st, 2sc in the next 5st, sc in the next 7 st, 2sc in the last two st, sl st to the 1st sc.

Thank you so much for any assist. I've looked for hours on the internet and only find joins for 'in the round' and for 'triangles'.

:blush

Archived