Project Linus Thank you! Please read!

Congrats on your new baby and I hope everything is going well now. I think you will find that there are several blanketeers here on the 'ville. I joined just after xmas last year. I was in an office supply store here and saw a box of yarn in one corner. So of course, I had to ask why yarn was in an office supply store, the store manager told me that it was a drop off for project linus, I gave him my name and phone number and the lady in charge contacted me, explained the program and suggested I look at the website. I asked about it here as well and between the stories on the website and stories from blanketeers here I decided to join in. It is wonderful to hear the stories of the blankets after we drop them off. I am currently working on a baby granny square that I would love to contribute and be part of this cal.:)

Congratulations on your new daughter! I teared up reading your story because I spent a Mother's Day in the hospital with a preemie who should have been born after Father's Day. She's now a sophomore in college, but I still turn on the waterworks when I read about the NICU or see one on TV.

Enjoy her-she'll grow up so fast!

Congrats on your baby!!

Many many years ago when I had my dd, there was no Project Linus. BUT the ladies of the hospital auxillary made special things for the preemies. My dd received a music box type thing that I put in her crib. She also rec'd a little doll type thing with velcro arms that I could hang on her crib when she came home--it was very colorful.

About 6 years ago I was going through my yarn and I decided I wanted to make preemie blankets for the hospital that treated my dd so well.

I made about 15 preemie blankets and brought them to the hospital dd was born at.

It felt good to give back a little something.

I love Project linus and have participated in giving blankets to them for years. My coordinators even got a special request for a red blanket for a little boy in the burn unit here. They sent ME a box of red yarn and asked me specifically to crochet a blanket for the little boy. Which I gladly did.

I lvoe to hear personal stories about PL. I am so glad they were there for you.

:hug

Congrats on your baby!!

Many many years ago when I had my dd, there was no Project Linus. BUT the ladies of the hospital auxillary made special things for the preemies. My dd received a music box type thing that I put in her crib. She also rec'd a little doll type thing with velcro arms that I could hang on her crib when she came home--it was very colorful.

About 6 years ago I was going through my yarn and I decided I wanted to make preemie blankets for the hospital that treated my dd so well.

I made about 15 preemie blankets and brought them to the hospital dd was born at.

It felt good to give back a little something.

I love Project linus and have participated in giving blankets to them for years. My coordinators even got a special request for a red blanket for a little boy in the burn unit here. They sent ME a box of red yarn and asked me specifically to crochet a blanket for the little boy. Which I gladly did.

I lvoe to hear personal stories about PL. I am so glad they were there for you.

:hug

I am a sister of a adopted NICU baby. He was born 3 months prematurely and weighed in at 2 lbs, 2 oz. We took him home after his having been in the hospital for 3 months! He was only home for 2 more weeks when he had to go back to the hospital because of pnumonia. He was there for another week and then he came home. We adopted him later and he is now 9 years old and as much a PITA (pain it the ***) as you could expect a boy with Myatonic Muscular Dystrophy to be.

Hope this story inspires you.

Willow:):hug

Archived