Mermaid Dolls

bennance

My 4 year old daughter wanted me to make her a mermaid doll for her birthday. I found this pattern on Crochet Pattern central, and used Simply Soft Quick yarn to make her so large. Then my 9 year old daughter saw her and wanted one as well! The second doll is made with double strands of red heart Light 'n Lofty yarn, and Lion Brand Homespun for the tail.

mermaids.jpg

mermaid2-1.jpg

Now my son wants a King Triton mermaid, complete with white beard and Trident! These are so easy to make (since they're almost all one piece with only the arms needing to be sewn on). I'm giving these away as gifts and starting on new ones for my kids tonight.

Thanks for looking!

i have looked at that pattern and wondered what it looks like the pic at the site doesn't do it justice you did a great job think i will make it for a gift thanks for show me great idea a whole family would be cute if i'm not mistaked there is a pattern somewhere here for a couple sea shells

There was a mermaid movie on at the dentist office yesterday, Aquamarine (?)... I got to watch the whole thing, I waited so long.... :blush

Anyway~~ I like your mermaids! King Triton shouldn't be too hard to do. (Easy for me to say, eh?) :P Great work! :hook

Tina

Archived