Monster In Law Poncho

I haven't been able to see the movie yet. We went today & I was pulling for that one, but we saw the Longest yard, instead. It was funny though. That looks really quick & light weight. In my "spare time" :lol :lol I may have to try one.

I came across this link today for the poncho worn in the movie. It SURE looks better than the Lion Brand one!!! Donna

http://hipvintagecrochet.com/JLO.pdf

OMG !!!!!!!!

Thank you SO much for this link (printing now!)

I think this would be the perfect project for my RH Symphony!!!

:day:clap:clap

I saw this yesterday on another forum and had some blended yarn that i was not quite sure what I was going to do with it. i started last night I had to rip out some of it this morning (I know better than to crochet when I am tired) but i will try to get a picture posted when i am done. Mine is all the same color though and i only have a P hook not a Q that it calls for so i will have more rows. But is is making up so soft and pretty so far. I can't wait to get it done. WHY OH WHY Do I have to work?????? I want to crochet!!! :soap:devil :devil :devil:hook :hook

I'm glad the pattern is working for you :) I so wish I had time to make one for myself....but it's summertime (nearly) and lots of birthdays and weddings, and one new baby to crochet/knit for. lol

I can't wait to see your poncho!

Donna

I finished the MIL Poncho, and learned something...

I ain't a poncho person! :cry :cry

I've been wanting to make myself a poncho forever, and thought this would be perfect!

I did have to add a few rows cuz it just looked way to skinny at 10 rows.

I am just... :cry :cry

No fair!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see your finished product!!! You may think it looks crazy, but it might look GREAT. I do the same thing...think OMG I can't believe I bought something, but it actually compliments me, lol. So, let's see it!

Donna

I am going to try a 20" x 60" rectangle and go from there. I'm also going to stitch around the neck to make it tighter.

I wish the pattern gave measurements of the finished product!

That yarn looks so soft! I think it looks good..you are right about the length..can you add a few more rows or even some fringe?

Donna

Nah - I'm making Lemonade outta this lemon.

I'm going to frog a few rows and call it a scarf!

I don't have a scarf! :D

Ok, I went ahead and did it; I made the J.LO inspired poncho off of LB's site. I think it came out nice. If you'd like to have a look see, go to my blog and there's a picture on the 6/1 entry.

I saw a formula somewhere for figuring how large to make the panels. I don't remember where, or I'd give credit. I haven't tried it myself, but anyway, here's what it said:

1/2 head size + wrist to wrist measurements = LENGTH;

wrist to wrist measurement = WIDTH.

I am going to try a 20" x 60" rectangle and go from there. I'm also going to stitch around the neck to make it tighter.

I wish the pattern gave measurements of the finished product!

I saw a formula somewhere for figuring how large to make the panels. I don't remember where, or I'd give credit. I haven't tried it myself, but anyway, here's what it said:

1/2 head size + wrist to wrist measurements = LENGTH;

wrist to wrist measurement = WIDTH.

Thank you Dot! There used to be a site on-line that had the different sizes for rectangles, but it's gone and, of course, I didn't print out a hard copy!

That is my poncho! :)

Okay, for anyone that has downloaded it before I added a new guage, check after the first row that it is 50 inches. You can use patons divine but you will probably need less stitches. As long as its no more than 50 inches.

sorry I posted the pattern as soon as I made the poncho and the first version did not have the corrections. Your rectangle should be 50 inches long and you should make as many rows as you want the poncho to be long.

Sorry it didnt turn out right :(

How I'd fix it at the neck opening is to add rows there with 3 st decrease at the corner. Mohair is tricky because it stretches so much when using a large hook.

Archived