scrapghan patterns

What is your favorite pattern to use of scraps? I usually do granny sqares, either one large one or individual squares that I attach, depending on what I have in the way of scraps.

My scrap stash is getting HUGE again, and DH says I must use up some of the scraps before I can buy more yarn. :sigh So please share your favorite patterns for using up the scraps. I soooooo want to go yarn shopping!!!

Quickest way to use up scraps Scrap Afghan CAL . This is where you use 3 strands, just grab whatever, and crochet away! Use a large hook and if you use DC you can crochet quicker and use more. Check out the pics, even though they're called 3SUB (3 strand ugly blankets) they are not ugly. YOu could probably finish one this weekend and be shopping by Monday... :lol Or if you're not that quick, plan a shopping trip next weekend because 3 strand afghans can work up quickly.

Debbi

The ideas given for scrapghans (except for the 3 SUB) seem to assume that one has lots of PRETTY yarn that COORDINATES left over. HA! I apparently collect variagated yarn. It doesn't go with each other or there is not enough to get a decent pattern going! My dream is to do that one by Dot where every-other row is black? I just KNOW all the vari. will look soooooo good on it! LOL

The ideas given for scrapghans (except for the 3 SUB) seem to assume that one has lots of PRETTY yarn that COORDINATES left over. HA! I apparently collect variagated yarn. It doesn't go with each other or there is not enough to get a decent pattern going! My dream is to do that one by Dot where every-other row is black? I just KNOW all the vari. will look soooooo good on it! LOL

I saw a pretty verigated granny square one. The center, maybe 3 rounds, was verigated and the last round black. All scrap. Looked pretty. Can't find it right now, but I'm sure it was posted on crochetville...

I started a 3SUB with verigated and it was turning out nice.

Debbi

I love the Lace and Bobbles, i'm working on one for my dd who is 5, she picked all the colors she wanted from my stash... 19 of them! Now, to see if I can bring myself to choke down the color combo and make it, :lol

I've made scrap afghans with my rectangle granny square pattern that has black (or some other solid color) in between all the color changes. An example would be 3 rounds of color A, with Solid color next, then color B, then Solid color....

I've also used a variagated yarn instead of a solid color between all the color changes.

That's the fun part about scrap afghans, you can use all the colors you have, including the ones that clash and end up with something really cool looking occasionally.

Archived