Update on Fisherman's Widow Sale

Well..........I promised to let everyone know how it turned out with my booth at the mall on saturday.:sigh I was so nervous about it being my first time. It really wasnt bad at all, except it was very disappointing! :irk

Thank goodness it was a free booth because I didnt sell even one thing!:rolleyes

I guess it was very last minute and wasnt advertised very well. There were only 7 other vendors that showed up. The tastefully simple person sold 2 boxes of bread and the tupperware lady sold one bowl. The rest of us didnt have any sales at all.

I took pictures of my booth like i said i would. I would appreciate any ideas on how to display this differently and more efficiently for next time. Like I said, this was very last minute and I had no displays for my items except for the clothes rack and my heads. I had a lot of people say "Oh how nice, Oh how wonderful, and oh you do such a nice job. But no buyers. Needless to say, I will never go back to that mall again. I almost gave up crocheting all together, but DH changed my mind. Said he so proud of me and what a wonderful job I do on my items. (Made me feel a little better!)

100_1186.jpg[/img]<a href=

Don't you dare give up. You have a lot of wonderful things, and I think you did a great job displaying them. It sounds like everyone had a crummy show, so you cannot blame that on yourself. This is a tough time of year for crochet stuff anyway. Come the holidays I get your stuff will fly out of the booth like it has wings. Can I ask what you had the ipod cozies up for? I am thinking I need to reprice mine.

Thanks so much for the encouragement! I had the ipod cozies priced at $6 each. I thought it was kind of high, but after talking to people about it, most were saying to charge between $6 to $8.

I am sorry to hear you had no buyers. Your stall looks very nice, and full of pretty things, so it really is a shame that the right kind of people did not come.

Ok, that was the dress rehearsal.

Now what did you learn from this 'dry run' that will let you get there and do better when you get a real show to sell your items. you already mentioned about setting up some displays in your space and you know that your stuff does impress passers by. you have some good and cost-free market research in place now.

I know a guy whose tagline says..."When life hands you lemons it is time to start an international lemon conglomerate." You would seem to be on your way there :wlol

I am truly sorry that this was disappointing but it is important to take something good from it and be ready for the next time. :hug :hug :hug

My first thought was that with a recession/poor economy, people are only buying the basics. Goods like this will suffer. People will come, look around, oooh and aaah over it, then go buy food and gas instead. :sigh

Archived