My weekend trip

Living in Michigan and having one of the best mail order craft stores, Mary Maxim 3 hours away has been hard. I had never been there, well that changed on saturday. I had the chance to go up to Port Huron for something else and talked the people I was with to a quick stop at the store. They promised me 1 hour. Armed with a list from my DH, in I went, I walked out of there 45 minutes later with 1 sweater kit (for the hubby) 1 afghan kit, 5 books, 1 clover hook and case set, 4 light up hooks, smaller sizes, 3 double ended cable crochet hooks and 2 yarn cutter pendants. Grand total ------- never mind. I did get 40% off of one kit and 35% off the other with in store coupons. I stayed clear of all the yarn, because I thought if I started to pet it I was in big trouble, and even though the clearance section was calling my name I didn't go in it. I was a very happy camper and when I got home, DH said we would go back up in July and spend all the time we wanted in there. :hook

I'm so happy for you that you got to go to the store! :cheer And your DH is so sweet to tell you y'all will go back in July and stay as long as you like. :hug What a treat to look forward to! :shop

I'm green with envy!!!! I order from them all the time. How could you not go in the clearance section?!?!? That would have been the first place I went! LOL

Sounds like you had fun!

Oh boy that sounds like a great time...I would waunder around endlessly, just happy to be there forget about the buying, I would have to refinance..ha!

Archived