Crochet passed on and on stage

I just got back from the local Middle School's production of Willy Wonka Jr. an adaptation of the classic for small productions/kids theater. My DD was an Oompaloompa. her best frined was Grandma Josephine. True to the movies the grandmas were in the bed withyarn in their hands. Grandma Georgina was just knotting yarn but Grandma Josephine was actually crocheting. My DD taught her to crochetlast year and she was working on a gift for her sister. of course i did not get a picture of them but i picked it outright away. over the three shows she got half a scarf finished. These kids are in 7th grade about 13 years old.

Totally WoW!!!

I love it when young girls carry on our traditions and we know that there will always be crochet as long as there are human beings on earth.

I wonder how many people noticed how far the work was progressing? :wlol

Totally WoW!!!

I love it when young girls carry on our traditions and we know that there will always be crochet as long as there are human beings on earth.

I wonder how many people noticed how far the work was progressing? :wlol

of course my daughter wanted me to let you all know that she also taught two other friends how to crochet well single crochet that is and they all work on scarves together after school and at lunch time. A middle school crochet circle

Thats is the coolest thing! I wish I had known how to crochet in middle school....sadly, like "Grandma Georgina", I would have only known how to make knots back then.:lol

of course my daughter wanted me to let you all know that she also taught two other friends how to crochet well single crochet that is and they all work on scarves together after school and at lunch time. A middle school crochet circle

Give her major :hug :hug and kudos from me. Well done!

That is so sweet.

My beau is lightly considering learning to crochet.. he's a pro gamer and is pro at World of Warcraft..

I definitely want to teach my children to crochet, wether they're girls or boys :) I think its definitely confidence boosting for a child when they get an early feeling of accomplishing something like that, handmade.

Kudos to your daughter and Kudos to the girls that took the time and desire to learn crocheting :) I hope their parents support them like you support your girl in this wonderful hobby.

Archived