Lil Football Buddy (2 images)

Lil Football Buddy

post-11825-135897401216_thumb.jpg
Photobucket pic: here

By Champygirl May 7, 2008

Materials:
Worsted weight yarn in brown, white, blue and red.
Size E hook
Polyfil (stuffing)
Yarn needle
Stitch Marker

Finish size: 5:h x 2 ½ “ w (at widest part)

Directions:
Rnd 1: With brown ch2, 6sc in 2nd chain form hook. (6sc)
Rnd 2: Sc in Each stitch around. (6sc)
Rnd 3: 2sc in each stitch around. (12sc)
Rnd 4: Sc in each stitch around. (12 sc)
Rnd 5: [sc in next st, 2 sc in next st.] Do this 6 times. (18sc)
Rnd 6: Sc in each stitch around. (18sc)
Rnd 7: [2 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts] Do this 6 times. (24sc)
Rnd 8: Sc in each stitch around.(24sc)
Rnd 9-13: Repeat rnd 8 for rnds 9 thru 13. (24 sc)
With white embroider face in between rnd 6 and 13. Embroider white spiny thing in between rnds 6 and 12, on opposite from where the face is. Should look something like this:

post-11825-135897401219_thumb.jpg

Rnd 14: [1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this 6 times. (18 sc)
Rnd 15: Sc in each stitch around. (18sc)
Rnd 16: [sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in next st] Do this 6 times. (12sc)
Stuff.
Rnd 17: Sc in each stitch around. (12 sc)
Rnd 18: [sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this 6 times. (6sc)
Rnd 19: Sc in each stitch around, sl st in next st. (6sc)
Finish off leaving tail for weaving.. Weave tail in and out of stitches in rnd 19, pull yarn so the opening closes. Finish of and weave in tail. Where you finish off won’t look great, don’t worry about it, the helmet will cover this.

Helmet:
Rnd 1: With blue ch2, 8 sc in 2nd chain from hook. (8sc)
Rnd 2: Sc in each stitch around. (8sc)
Rnd 3: 2 sc in each stitch around. (16sc)
Rnd 4: Sc in each stitch around. (16sc)
Rnd 5: [2sc in next st, 1 sc in next st] Do this 8 times. (24sc)
Rnd 6: Sc in each stitch around. (24sc)
Rnd 7: Ch 1, turn, sc in each of the next 19 sts.
Rnd 8: Ch 1, turn, sc in each of the next 19 sts.
Finish off leaving a long enough tail to sew helmet on to football.

Stripe: With red ch 16, finish off and leave a long enough tail to sew on helmet. Sew red part to helmet for a stripe. Try to get it centered. Embroider with white a 1 on one side of helmet.
Sew helmet to football.

Enjoy!

Here are some links for pics for footballs with different color helmets and facial expressions.

Links:

Front View:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/Crocheted%20Toys%20and%20Bags/426231-R1-09-8A.jpg
Side View:
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/Crocheted%20Toys%20and%20Bags/426231-R1-08-7A.jpg
Back View:
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/Crocheted%20Toys%20and%20Bags/426231-R1-07-6A.jpg

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl May 7, 2008. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

• 2 months later...

I really like them! They are really cute! I might just make some for me stuffed with fiberfill and when my team isn't doing so well I can throw them at the TV!:lol:lol:lol

That is so cute! Like your baseball buddies. So cute for little guys. I am going to make some of these for sure~~ Thanks so much for sharing your pattern! :hook

Tina

• 4 months later...

Archived