Millends? Wha?

Mill ends are the run off after the regular skeins are put together, or extra yarn left after a special order is filled......

It is less expensive per lb than ergular labeled yarn on the shelves... sometimes there are more knots or more inconsistency in the yarn than with regular skeins, but I myself have never had a problem with Mill ends, I love them, especially when making things for my own kids, or charity items, because it is so inexpensive, I feel like I can do more on a smaller budget...

I get my mill ends at a.c moore a lot, b/c I poke a hole in the bag and feel the yarn to make sure it isn't too rough, but lately I made an order from http://www.shopcaron.com and got some nice mill ends from them.

Mill ends are the run off after the regular skeins are put together, or extra yarn left after a special order is filled......

It is less expensive per lb than ergular labeled yarn on the shelves... sometimes there are more knots or more inconsistency in the yarn than with regular skeins, but I myself have never had a problem with Mill ends, I love them, especially when making things for my own kids, or charity items, because it is so inexpensive, I feel like I can do more on a smaller budget...

I get my mill ends at a.c moore a lot, b/c I poke a hole in the bag and feel the yarn to make sure it isn't too rough, but lately I made an order from www.shopcaron.com and got some nice mill ends from them.

But, do you choose your colors? Would they be a good investment if I'm making things to sell?

I hope I'm not bugging you, but it sounds intriguing.

I have always had good results with Millends myself. I get them at Walmart (and now Zellers). To be honest, I can get yarns that I couldn't afford at regular prices.

Since I am right there picking them up I can get the colours I want. the challenge is that it is indeed an "End" so you need to get all you can while you can as you will not likely see that particular yarn again. This might matter if you advertize to make something in that yummy Green Apple colour :hug and there isn't any more to be gotten.

Oh... and every package I have ever bought says "100% Unknown fiber". You are on your own as to wool (?) or acrylic content

I love my mill ends. My alligator scarf was made with mill ends come to think of it. :yay:yay:yay

I've gotten mill ends from caron.com and from angelicrafts.com. At caron they choose the colors for you, but at angelicrafts you can choose your own. I really liked getting them from caron - they were very good at coordinating colors if you buy several pounds, but my last bunch had mostly simply soft yarn and I'm not a big fan of that. I really like the caron pounders, but I'm afraid if I order again I'll get mostly ss again. I used it, but not chomping at the bit to have alot more of it. The mill ends I get from angelicrafts are Red Heart. They don't have a whole lot of colors right now, but hopefully they will be having more.

I've gotten mill ends from caron.com and from angelicrafts.com. At caron they choose the colors for you, but at angelicrafts you can choose your own. I really liked getting them from caron - they were very good at coordinating colors if you buy several pounds, but my last bunch had mostly simply soft yarn and I'm not a big fan of that. I really like the caron pounders, but I'm afraid if I order again I'll get mostly ss again. I used it, but not chomping at the bit to have alot more of it. The mill ends I get from angelicrafts are Red Heart. They don't have a whole lot of colors right now, but hopefully they will be having more.

Actually.... SS is EXACTLY what I would like to get....

hmm...

Wait... Walmart? Our walmart doesn;t have anything like that.

Actually.... SS is EXACTLY what I would like to get....

hmm...

Wait... Walmart? Our walmart doesn;t have anything like that.

I am in Canada and that may be why we get them when you don't... just a guess.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in Canada and we do get mill ends at Walmart. They just don't say that is what it is. You know where you get those lovely giant balls of Redheart for about 5-6 bucks? Right beside it is a bin with unknown fiber packages of yarn. They usually have four balls per package for 4 something. Those are the mill ends. I love them! But always poke a hole and feel them to make sure it's not crunchy!

Sore

I must be on crack cause I read half the responses wrong. Just ignore me today!

• 3 months later...

Just want to share with anyone interested in mill-ends that Angelicrafts.com has updated their website and now has many more colors of RHSS, "Creme de La Creme" and a couple of other yarns available. :D

They are also planning to include other yarns, crochet supplies and even threads in the near future and they could use our input in order to better plan what to ask their suppliers for. So please feel free to email them to let them know what your preferences are as we will all benefit from having a site where we can get yarn, threads and other supplies at affordable prices.

Archived