Reuseable Produce Bag

zeropixie

With the help of testers the final drat is ready. I hope that everyone can runderstand it okay. If you have questions or suggestions please let me know and I will do my best to address them. Enjoy.:hook

th_crochet070.jpg

REUSEABLE PRODUCE BAG

Materials

3oz. worsted weight cotton

G hook

4 stitch markers or pieces of scrap yarn

Gauge: First three rounds = 3 inches

You will not be joining the first two rows so you may want to use a marker. You will only be joining round 3 to give yourself a good start for the mesh portion of the bag. The mesh portion of the bag is worked in a continuous spiral. You will be using four markers in round 16 to mark the position of handles.

Special stitches;

sc decrease over 5 loops = (insert hook into loop, yo, draw up loop) in five loops, yo, draw through all the loops on hook.

BAG

Ch 4, join to form ring.

1. Make 15 sc in ring, do not join. (15 sc)

2. Start using marker. 2 dc in each stitch around. Move marker. (30 dc)

3. 1 dc in next stitch, 2 dc in next stitch, *1 dc in next stitch, 2 dc in next stitch* repeat from * all the way around, join with slip stitch to the first dc made. Place marker. (45 dc)

4. Ch 5 sc in next stitch, *ch 5, sc in next stitch* repeat around. (45 loops)

5-12. Ch 5, sc in next loop, * ch 5, sc in next loop* repeat around. (45 loops)13. sc decrease over 5 loops. *2 sc in next loop, 1 sc in next loop,* repeat 16 times, 2 in next loop, sc decrease over 5 loops, *2 sc in next loop, 1 sc in next loop*, repeat ending with 2 sc.

14-15. *1 sc in next stitch* repeat around.

16. 1 sc in next 5 stitches place marker 1, sc in next 21 stitches place marker 2, sc in next 10 stitches place marker 3, sc in next 18 stitches place marker 4, sc in next 4 stitches. Fasten off leaving a long tail for weaving.

Handles, make 2.

You will be working across the length of the chain this way the handle will not stretch.

Each handle will be centered over the decreases in round 13.

Leave a long tail for weaving

1. At marker 1, join with sc, ch 26. Skip 9 stitches, sc at marker 4 being careful not to twist chain, sc in next stitch, ch 1. Turn.

2. Sc in each stitch across, sc in next stitch, ch 1, turn.

3. Sc in next stitch and in each stitch across, ch1, turn.

4. Sc in next stitch and in each across. Fasten off weaving in a long tail.

Repeat on the other side at marker 2 and 3.

th_crochet072.jpg

I was fortunate enough to test this bag and LOVE it. I get alot of comments on it. I love the fact that the handles do not stretch. Great job and pattern!:clap

Archived