What does your square look like?

CrossB4Me

I've been reading through the posts requesting all sizes of squares and was wondering what your squares look like? I'm not much of a square-maker because I'm not much of a piecer-togetherer. But I do think making charity squares is a great way to use up leftover yarn and help a great cause at the same time. But, what to make for those of us who aren't experienced with square-making. Can you share what you make for your favorite charities? Thank you!!

Patty

This is the square that I am using now for charity and just making afghans with leftover yarn. It is the never ending blanket square.

http://debscrafts55.blogspot.com/2007/12/never-ending-blanket-square.html

It works up great and you can make it any size you want. Here's some of mine from this pattern.

squaresforhillary.jpg

They really are easy to crochet together. Put them back to back and do a single crochet through all 4 loops.

This a is Picture of one of the squares i have been making lately...

tmpphpGzNmjr.jpg

Wish i had taken pictures of the others before i mailed them... Guess I will have to try to remember ..

tmpphpGzNmjr.jpg

Wish i had taken pictures of the others before i mailed them... Guess I will have to try to remember ..

Very pretty square. I love the color combination

tmpphpGzNmjr.jpg

Is this easy to make and can you tell me where I can get the pattern?

Is this easy to make and can you tell me where I can get the pattern?

This square is very very easy to make .....I change it with the granny square going around it. I didn't like it the way the book had it:lol....It was in a book called 200 Crochet blocks....I will check on the page number and let you know..

• 6 months later...

I use a variety. Depends on who it is going to. Sometimes I do ones with stripes (self fringing) and others are squares from various sources. The one in my avatar is squares that are crocheted together with an open stitch and not sewn. I only sew when doing quiltghans. Some my own design and some patterns from square books. Most of my fav squares are found on the internet especially from CPC.

Archived