Charity Pattern Book...Who's With Me!?!

Frangipani

I've had a fair bit of encouragement about some of my FUN hats that I made for the cutie patooties at the hospital and was thinking about coming up with a book (or collection) of some sort that has hats/beanies for children. Would anyone be interested in doing this with me?

I'm thinking about a collection 20-25 different patterns of hats/beanies and either getting them up in PDF or maybe looking into making an actual book to sell. I'm hoping any money from the sale of these would go to buying yarn for making more hats for the kiddies.

I've blabbed on enough...anyone interested or have a pattern they would like to contribute?

If so, reply here or email me at:

rebecarosalia{at}yahoo{dot}com{dot}au

Cheers,

Bec

Well I think I will gather as many patterns as people are willing to contribute, then if I have enough, I can maybe have categories, like a hat book, clothing book, etc. So, yes, any patterns really that you think would be good to use. I'm thinking even toys and such. Right now I am making all sorts of little purses for girls. I may include those too.

Bec

ACK!!! Those are way too cute!! Are they your pattern? (I wasn't sure if that was a link to your blog). I'd love to include them!!

Bec

Nope, not mine..I only WISH I was that creative!! I didnt even think about that aspect, that they should be our own patterns.. oops! :blush

That elephant bib is just too darn cute! And what a great way to hang onto a binkie!!! And the duck is adorable! Great bibs, both of them.

Hmmm. It's looking slim in the way of patterns to donate. Just wanted to let anyone interested know that I'll be working on this project over the summer so there's no rush with it!

Be well,

Bec

• 4 months later...

:idea Great idea. I also am passionate about making caps for hospital patients that have lost their hair. I remember how hard it was when my mom lost her hair during her chemo treatments and how much it lifted her spirits when the American Cancer Society gave her some turbans and a wig. Sadly, it never occured to me to make her a cap. I was so caught up with the reality of the situation that I never even thought of it. How she would have loved a crazy cap!

Now that she's gone, I have been making them like crazy. Unfortunately, I don't have a pattern... I just make them up as I go! I'll try to make a pattern and take some pics of some that I have on hand.

Thanks for doing this... :hug

Mare

• 2 months later...

Archived