No Time or Energy to Crochet

I have 2 WIP's that I refuse to let become UFO's. A couple of weeks ago I spent a whole weekend really working hard to get these things done. I didn't finish but got pretty far into the baby blanket. So close. Well the baby is LATE so I'm still good.

Anyway I went in to work the following Monday and 1 person got fired and another quit. Work is getting crazy busy right now and there are only 2 of us working and doing the job of 4 people. Not much time off (1 day off but still on call), long hours 11 or 12 per day. When I get home I am beat and in bed by 8pm.

I bring a WIP tote to work with me everyday but it has been sitting under my desk untouched.

Sorry for the whining, but I had to vent.

Sheryl

You poor thing! I know exactly how you feel...my job too has been crazy lately and when I have the time to crochet, I don't have the energy! I am so close to being done with a Shawler I am working on and I just can't seem to finish it. Hang in there Sweetie and know that you are not alone! :hug

It's always hard when you can't crochet!! Crocheting is time for meditation and relaxation and feeling good about your talent! I'm so sorry you're so busy and so tired and can't crochet! I will pray things settle down so you can enjoy working on your projects again real soon!

Some of my WIP's are becoming UFO's, too... because I'm spending more time outside, tending to flowers and my rock garden. I do love the outdoors during the spring and summer, so I don't usually crochet as much.

But I'm still trying... and even have a couple more things I'm itching to get started on.

You definitely aren't alone. I no longer work outside the home, but have a six year old, a 13yrold stepdaughter with severe behavior and learning disabilities, I take care of my younger brother (age34) who is on a walker and severely disabled from fast progressing multiple sclerosis, and I have diabetes and high blood pressure myself. Both of which are very hard to control. It seems like I am always taking care of some kind of crisis or cleaning up something or trying to stem the flow of a temper tantrum, or help my brother with his private stuff and try to keep my stuff under control. I too need toothpicks to hold up the old eye lids by 8 or 9 pm sometimes. Sometimes I feel as if I am drowning in all of my responsibilities and just treading water, not sure if I am doing any of it right. Sorry to babble, but your story just struck a chord with me. I took care of my mother also up until she passed away about 18months ago, so I have a very full plate. Actually, working my job as an emt was much easier and less stressful really. I could clock out and go home. Now it just goes on and on.

Sometimes Ithink we just need a break for ourselves....to read or crochet or do nothing. But I just don't seem to have time for that. Crocheting helps me to relax and think about other things. But when I am too tired to do it, I feel as though I am missing out on my own private time. Hugs to you....I know how you feel.:hug

I get this way sometimes. First it will be like I HAVE to finish this project and then I find a few more that I HAVE to finish. And it stresses me out looking at all of them thinking they all have to be done in a few days or weekish and that taked all of the fun out of it. And then being tired fromwork and kids etc..... My crochet is my time for me and it shouldn't be dtressing me out right? :no So I take a project to work and when I have lunch I will go outside and sit for a bit even if it is only 10 minutes and relax and crochet on something. Then at night after dinner but before my bath I will pick it up again for 10-30 minutes. Just a little bit when I am in a funk to make me feel like I am accomplishing somethingon the project but not feel overwhelmed. It gives me a few minutes to do something that I love and it reminds me that I need to take a little bit of time each day formyself even if it is for only 20 minutes a day.

That said I hope you start to feel better about things soon and that they calm down for you. Take care and have a great day tomorrow!

I'm right there with you. I actually find myself being too tired to crochet! I like to crochet to relax and unwind, and I really need to relax, but I'm exhausted and IF I even get a chance to get my WIP out of the bag, I usually fall asleep before completing a stitch! Work is the same for me too, most of us in the office are doing the work of 2 or more people. And to top that all off, our air conditioning at work has not been working for about a month--and I live in Florida--we need air conditioning every day!! I'm cranky and I'm tired and I wanna crochet!!

I hope things get better for you soon and you can get back to the important things...CROCHETING!!

Bless your heart! Weeks like that really make you feel like everything is going bad. I really hope it gets better soon. If you can think of working in small increments on your WIP just to enjoy the process and forget about completing the projects, maybe it will help you relax. Hang in there!

Hah... I feel your pain, sort-of at least. On a helpdesk of 6, we haven't been fully staffed in about a month, due to people having maternity leave, family medical problems, or own... it hasn't been this busy since flu season when we actually got down to 2 people one day... yikes.

I don't really crochet at home as I just want to relax when I get there, then take care of my pets & chores, and anything else I want to do (I have actually started sewing 2 projects!)

Archived