How do you crochet socks?

Okay....so I'm not an expert at crochet, but I've come a long way. I now make hats, mastered the granny square, love to make large flowers for anything I crochet. I even figured out mittens. No matter how hard I try though, I can't really understand sock patterns. I even saw the Knit and Crochet episode a couple of weeks ago where they made socks. I was lost! Does anyone have a simple sock pattern?? Thanks.:think

This is the first pattern I used to make socks. I just love the American School of Needlework patterns because they explain step by step and have pictures of how the stitch looks too! If I can understand these directions, anyone can! You start with the cuff and go down to the toe. These socks are like slouch socks to wear around the house. I made a pair for my daughter to wear around her dorm room. After you get the hang of them, then you can go on to harder ones and ones you wear in shoes.

http://www.carodanfarm.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/product371.html

socks.jpg

This is my favourite sock pattern. it is the first one I made and i have adapted it to make my little doll socks as well

http://www.graftonfibers.com/socks.htm

It really is simple to make... I was not good with this type of pattern generally so if I can make these they are do-able by the village goober.

There are also several suggestions in the Socks Thread you may want to check out. :)

I did mine by the Grafton Fiber Guidelines too. It was easy and I love the finished socks. Mine are like slipper socks because I did them with worsted weight acrylic. To keep my socks the exact same, I used a separate skein for each sock and worked on both socks at the same time. I'd do 2 or 3 rounds on one sock, then repeat it on the other sock.

Archived