My Yarn Arrived!!!

Well, the yarn that I won on Ebay week before last finally arrived! It looked good in the photo, but I was totally AMAZED when I opened the box and started digging through it!

This was, without a doubt, THE BEST mixed lot box I ever got! The winning bid was $36 plus shipping (that was $20something). The box weighs 20 pounds, there are 150+ skeins in it!

There were 16 skeins of Phildar Alpaca in there! It's SO yummy and soft, I can't wait to make something cozy with it for winter, probably a sweater. There's three different shades, a camel color, a beige and a gray, and since it's all the same type of yarn and the colors go well together, I'll be able to use them together so there will be enough to make something large enough to wear.

There are six skeins (165 yards each) of the prettiest, softest mohair I've ever seen! The color is a pastel variegated with very muted pink and lavender, my favorite colors! The maker is "Chanteleine", so I looked it up and I think that this particular yarn might be discontinued, but I found other "Chanteleine" yarns on the web, and they appear to be a good quality yarn. So I'll have enough of that to make myself something yummy!

There is a skein of dusty rose that is, without a doubt, THE biggest skein of yarn I've ever seen in my life! It's bigger than any of our cats! :lol It's a sport weight and very soft and pretty, I can't imagine how many yards are on there, I'm guessing there's over 2000.

There are at least two and three of each of another 15 or so different knitting worsted weight acrylics, very pretty colors, and there's the softest rug yarn in there I've ever felt! I was not looking forward to the rug yarn because it's usually so coarse, but this stuff is really nice and it's all pretty sunrise colors from pinks and peaches and oranges to yellows and beiges and creams. I'm thinking that those will make a beautiful throw rug for my kitchen, so instead of just putting them in the bin of stuff I'll probably never use, I am excitedly looking forward to making a cute little throw rug with them!

There are 10 or 12 of the 8 oz. Red Heart Super Saver skeins in Dark Sage, Light Blue and Country Blue that are just screaming to be made into an afghan and countless other skeins of exciting, different yarns (tweeds, flecks, chenilles) that will be perfect for some amigurumi.

In my opinion, I got my money's worth on the Alpaca and Mohair alone, the rest is a huge bonus! I'm so excited over this mixed lot! I've never scored anything this great before! I'm going to look again at the beginning of the month to see if there's anything else on Ebay! That's the problem with Ebay - it's addictive and I want more yarn!!!!! :lol

Wow! I'm jealous!!

I NEVER get THIS good of a deal when I buy a mixed lot, seriously! This was really something special. I just can't figure out how so many people missed it and the bidding was only at $36 when I found it with like 2 minutes to go in the auction! I'm NEVER that lucky! :lol

What a deal!!!

Who's the cutie in your avatar?

Thanks, Suzy! :)

The pupster in my avatar is my Kate. She's a sable and white rough collie and she'll be six years old next month. She is the light of my life, and I just love her to death! :manyheart

Would love to see pics so I could properly get my drool on. :drool

I am trying to get my camera working. For whatever reason, no matter what batteries we put in it, it tells us that they're not strong enough to run it, even if they're brand new out of the package. If I get it going I'll take a pic and post it. Well, if I'm able to get it to post. That's another problem. Last time I tried to post a pic I had to send it to someone else and they posted it for me because I couldn't figure out how to do it. :lol

woo hoo ! i'm jealous

haha

i can feel the vibe here ! you sure very very happy!

Is it that obvious? :lol Thank you, everyone, for putting up with my gushing! Like I've said, I love these mixed lot sales! It's like Christmas out of season because there's so much in them. I love to sit and pet the yarn and ooh and ahh over it. I probably need therapy, I know, but whatever. I'm happy! :lol

what a score for you :yay

I know! I can't believe it! :c9

I'm really hoping to be able to take a pic of it sometime this evening. If I get the camera to work and if I can get Photo Bucket or one of those picture hosting sites to cooperate with me, I'll post a photo of the lot. :)

Wait! You guys CAN see what it all looks like! Here's a link to the page for the auction, and if you scroll down, there are eight or ten photos of everything that was in the box! You can't see all of the colors real well because of the lighting in the photos, but you can see what all was in the box! Yay! I'm glad I thought of this! 20 Lbs 150+ Skeins Yarn Knitting Crocheting Sewing - eBay (item 200213476220 end time Apr-10-08 21:24:55 PDT)

Is it that obvious? :lol Thank you, everyone, for putting up with my gushing! Like I've said, I love these mixed lot sales! It's like Christmas out of season because there's so much in them. I love to sit and pet the yarn and ooh and ahh over it. I probably need therapy, I know, but whatever. I'm happy! :lol

i know how it feels ... i received about 10 skeins and already be like that! not to mention the loads you have ... i would go insane and sleep with them! hahahahahah:yes

i know how it feels ... i received about 10 skeins and already be like that! not to mention the loads you have ... i would go insane and sleep with them! hahahahahah:yes

:rofl Yesss!!! I am completely in touch with that emotion! :rofl

Archived