Looking for Deer(Bambi) Amigurumi..

niyrek

Question

Hi,

I've quite new to Amigurumi.. I'm looking for a Deer/Bambi pattern to do for a friend as a gift as bambi is something very precious for her... I've been searching high and low in books and online for something very similar to http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/36214277/. it seems that there's hardly a deer around anywhere. Where can i buy this pattern from or which book can i buy to have the pattern. I would appreciate all help from any kind soul. Thank you

7 answers to this question

You probably aren't going to find any official Bambi patterns since its so difficult (not to mention super-expensive) to get licensing permission from Disney to distribute patterns featuring their trademarked/copyrighted characters.

However, you can probably find other deer patterns or reindeer patterns you can adapt. Here is one on the Lion Brand website: Reindeer Amigurumi. You do have to register on their site in order to see some (most???) of their free patterns. I'm a registered member over there, and my browser is set to log me in automatically. So I'm sorry I can't tell you if you have to be registered to access that pattern.

You probably aren't going to find any official Bambi patterns since its so difficult (not to mention super-expensive) to get licensing permission from Disney to distribute patterns featuring their trademarked/copyrighted characters.

However, you can probably find other deer patterns or reindeer patterns you can adapt. Here is one on the Lion Brand website: Reindeer Amigurumi. You do have to register on their site in order to see some (most???) of their free patterns. I'm a registered member over there, and my browser is set to log me in automatically. So I'm sorry I can't tell you if you have to be registered to access that pattern.

Registration is needed for all of their free patterns. Just not needed for the stitch directory. I agree with Amy, the reindeer from Lion is a good idea, and pretty easy too.

ok, i just KNEW I had seen that deer somewhere before! It was designed by a user on craftster.org, another forum that is for any kind of crafting. Her username is pureeva you may be able to send her a pm through craftster and see if she will give/sell you the pattern. Here is the link to her post:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=106788.0

It is also in the Simply Amigurumi book by the same author. I got it with a Michaels coupon and a gift card for my birthday. I haven't made the deer, but it is pictured on the cover. I made the burger and I love the explanation for the magic circle. You may want to check your local library to see if they have either of the author's books if you only want to use the deer pattern.

If you are willing to purchase a pattern you also may want to do a search on Ravelry. There were a few cute deer patterns that looked more like Bambi and less like Rudolph.

Archived