Scallops Shawl

clark_0211

I love the free Lion Brand pattern for the Sweet Scallops Shawl and would like to start it as my next project. I want something pretty to wrap around me during the summer at church when the AC is on. This seems like the perfect shawl. For anyone who would like to join me here is the link to the pattern:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60744A.html

I will not be starting it for another week or two. I hope some of you will join me in making it!!! :hook

Thanks for the link! I have been looking for something like this to use some yarn that didn't work for the project I bought it for. I have to finish the Lacy Fans Poncho before I start something new though :(. Getting back into the bad habit of not finishing what I start. Then I'm in!

I understand completely. I find myself starting a project with wonderful yarn in a wonderful pattern and making it 1/2 or 3/4 of the way through the project and then I find another project and more yarn :blush. At the moment I have 5 projects I have yet to finish. I am a teacher and I have the summers off so my plan is to number each of them and set a "due date" for each project.

This shawl is something I know I will finish once I start and it looks to work up quickly, I guess we'll see;).

Sweet! I've been planning on making this for my mom for Christmas. I started it a week ago and undid it because I was too tired to focus. I have half of the yarn I need already. I'm going to widen it by a scallop because we prefer them to be wide enough to really wrap up in. I think it needs 18 more ch for each extra repeat. That may help those who want it to be an afghan - that's a great idea.

I'm so glad you started this CAL, since it's hard to find any info from where others have made the pattern elsewhere. This will keep me on track too, since her ripple blanket from last year was finished approximately 2 hours before I gave it to her. :blush

Oh this is beautiful. I'm going to watch and wait. I have some other thigns on my hooks I need to finish (just because I have too many WIPs). But this is something I want to do.

I can't wait to see everyone elses progress. I think 18" might be wide enough... not sure...

Debbi

:cheer I'm so excited. I love the idea of making it wider but I think I am going to leave it the same so I have the option of using it as a scarf! Thank ya'll for joining in! Now I have to decide on a color :D. Do any of ya'll have an idea what kind of yarn and what color ya'll are wanting to use. I know I am going to use the Vanna's Choice (it's my favorite!) I just haven't decided on which color.

Well, I ran into some trouble with the poncho I was working on. So I put it aside and started this. The yarn I had is RHSW in soft white. This isn't an easy pattern, but I'm sure the end product will be well worth the trouble. I made the extra shell. May do another in the original pattern. I probably have enough of this yarn :blush. Here's my progress so far.

th_scallopshawl001.jpg

Can you tell I was looking for a project? :lol:blush

Well, I ran into some trouble with the poncho I was working on. So I put it aside and started this. The yarn I had is RHSW in soft white. This isn't an easy pattern, but I'm sure the end product will be well worth the trouble. I made the extra shell. May do another in the original pattern. I probably have enough of this yarn :blush. Here's my progress so far.

th_scallopshawl001.jpg

Can you tell I was looking for a project? :lol:blush

That is so pretty I just got the pattern and i'm going to jump in too. Great work!!

Hi everyone,

I am new to this group, and I think I am going to enjoy it!

About the shawl pattern. I started making this into a scarf and had fun with it. However, the direction of the scallops doesn't work for me to be a shawl, so if I were to make it into as such, it would have to be turned around so the scallops are in vertical rows, say about 5 or seven deep. The direction as is, works for a scarf and a nice one I must say. I want to make this pattern into a triangle shawl, so it would have to increase or decrease depending on which end you start from. I have to figure out how to do either. Also, if you were to make the scallops alternating, it would look better I think.

Just my opinion, but when I started this pattern, that was my initial thoughts.

Mary in Kansas

I have a bunch of lace weight that I just purchased for Kim Guzman's Garden Party Wrap...I wonder how it would work up in this pattern? I think I will have to try it...

Okay, I officially unjoin because I finished one!

I took some time off for a 4 day weekend and wasn't sure what I was going to crochet, if anything. But this was something I wanted to do and decided it wouldn't be too hard. Well my weekend ended up crocheting more then anything, but that's fine.

I put the finished item on My Blog [ direct link to finished item]

Debbi

Archived