Homeschooling Moms Crochet!

Just wanted to tell you about the neat day I had yesterday. I homeschool my son through a charter and the students had to take a state test yesterday and Monday. I went shopping on Monday while he was there and found Lion Brand Suede in Spice for $.99/skein at Ollie's and Jungle Fancy Fur for $1! I am so excited!!! Want to make a hooded jacket with it. Any suggestions on patterns? Anyway, I knew yesterday would be a shorter day so I decided to stick around, work on a poncho, and talk to some of the other moms. I pull out my crochet and one Mom says, "Ooo, a fellow crocheter! and she whips out her project. Then another comes in and said, "Hey I brought my crochet. too!" We all had elementary age kids and talked about how we are able to crochet while sitting there keeping the kids on track when we aren't able to do much else :lol. Then I walked upstairs where alot of the high school mothers were and there was someone else crocheting, and she was carrying it in the same bag I was carrying! I just felt that was awesome. Really neat experience for me. Thanks for letting me share :manyheart.

I wish I could have been there too! I had a homeschool moms crochet time yesterday too.. this was when my friend and her kids came out to my house so I could give them part of the yarn I was given last week. That came from another homeschooling mom-well a retired one- I didn't need 13 boxes of yarn, so I felt led to share with this friend who also does charity projects. It was fun!

Woohoo! How exciting! I'm looking forward to June, when I get to attend the CHEO (Christian Home Educators of Ohio) convention. The first year I went, I didn't take anything because I didn't know what to expect. Last year, I brought a couple thread projects, and a couple ladies asked where I lived, because they were hoping I could teach their girls...Unfortunately, I'm here in Columbus, and the ladies live near Cinci. :lol Anyway, this year, I'm going to take my Irish lace supplies, as well as a knitting project. There is a lot of time spent wandering around the exhibits, and I usually need something for my hands to do. ;)

Forgive me, LORD~I am SO JEALOUS! (((((HUGS)))) sandi

Yeah... what she said!

I love that story about meeting so many moms who do the same thing with crochet.

That's really nice to find so many fellow crocheters at one place.

At swim meets, there's another mom who crochets. So we always say that's the crochet section of the bleachers.

It sure helps pass the time.

Even in a flight delay, a crochet project can certainly help make the time go faster. I enjoyed the time sitting at San Diego waiting for our flight. I had an extra two hours to crochet!

:manyheart

Archived