lighter case - This is what happens when you can't decide what to crochet

sOCKsgirl

You go to CPC and just start clicking random links, oh look covers maybe I can make a TP cover for the bathroom.

What...Lighter Covers ok lets see...Oh my I have to make that NOW. Uh oh everybody is going to want one.

Oh well they were quick and didn't take much yarn I don't mind making one for all my friends.

LighterCozy.jpg

This one is for my boyfriend so I made it in gray so it's nice and manly for him. Now I just have to convince him to actually put it on his keychain so everyone can see it!

I'm going to make a rainbow colored one for my mom and some of the girls at work I think. Maybe I will make another gray one for the only man at my work.

-Shannon

Awesome, I definately approve of this and fall into the "don't know what to crochet" trap and end up just making random bits of everything (and these end up collecting on my freeform afghan I save just for that purpose).

I really love those fast and cute projects. :manyheart Gives you quick satisfaction! :clap

My hubby would shoot me if I made this for myself! :angry I'm supposed to be quitting! :yes Smoking...not crocheting! :eek Oh No!!! Never crocheting!! :yay

You do take the lighter out of the possibly flammable yarn when you want to light something up, right?

That was the first thought I had too.

Other than that - it's really cute!

You do take the lighter out of the possibly flammable yarn when you want to light something up, right?

The yarn isn't really that close to where the flame comes out, that's why they put the handle on the striker side I think.

Also I don't know why but I think I remember reading somewhere acrylic yarn is more melty than flammable and cotton is more flammable. I really wanted to use up some of my cotton yarn because I love the colors so much I buy a ball in every color I can find both Sugar and Cream and Peaches and Cream brands.

Is there any kind of 'cover' we can't crochet? That is really cute and I can't see how the flame would actually get near the yarn. It would sure make it a lot easier to keep track of the lighter.

~ Debby

Archived