Help for dear friends

LeslieG

I was hoping to never have to do this. Very dear friends of mine lost their youngest son, Chad, in an automobile accident on the Friday before Easter. He was returning home from Pittsburg to spend Easter with his family.

Colleen and Neal are just devastated. They are wonderful people and always help anyone who needs it. I would ask for some help creating a comfortghan for them. I am going to be very specific in what I am asking for. I hope you won't be offended by me being picky. If it seems like it would be a bother to do, I understand. Your prayers alone will be appreciated. With your permissions, I would like to print out some of the replies for them. If anyone has had to go thru such a horrible experience and would like to send a private note or card I will enclose it.

I am making the squares from Ryann's Cuddle Cover & Gerbera Daisy Patterns. I am using the Ryann's Cuddle Cover square. It works up so beautifully. I've done a few for comforghans here. The gauge I am ending up with makes the center 3 1/4" at the end of round two. The square is just a hair over 10" when it's done. I'm using a 5mm hook, but, I crochet loosely. It takes me just over an hour to do one.

I would ask, if any of you lovely people could help, to use RHSS Aran for the background color. Also, I am using Cornmeal for the centers and Med. Thyme for the leaves. If we could stick to those colors it would be great. But, so long as the background is Aran, and the green and yellow is close I don't think that would matter. I am trying to use "flower colors", nothing too neon.

Here are some pics of the squares I have done already.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u169/LeslieG_photos/Quilt%20ideas/Progress%20Photos/P1010025.jpg The first two photos are the squares. I have got two of each done. I need 35 to make the afghan.

I have RHSS Aran for the background color. and the Cornmeal for the centers but not the other color. I will pick up a skin in town tomorrow so I can help you with this.

I am so very sorry for their lose it is so hard to lost your child! we were not meant to out live our children:(:(:( my heart goes out for them.

this is a great thing you are doing for them.

you said you will need 35?

I have never made this pattern. looking at the pattern it calls for 6 colors!

I see that A is cornmeal, D is Med Thyme, and E is Aran. What are the other colors?

hugs,

sissie

leslie if you can wait till next week i can pick some yarn up and try and make that pattern. please tell your friends how sorry i am for their loss how horrible to have this happen to them i hope they are going to be alright, god bless them:hug:hug:hug

I am so sorry for your friends loss...I will keep them in my prayers...

I just printed out the pattern and i am going to give it a try....I know i have the aran , and maybe the med thyme but i do not think i have the cornmeal...

I know i have a skein or 2 of gold (not sure if that is the right name) of vanna yarn...Will that be ok???

PM me your address and I'll try to pick up those colors this weekend. I've done that pattern for a few comfortghans and I just love it. I know how they must be feeling. We lost a 17 month old grandson in a drowning accident 2 years ago and we are still devastated. When something like that happens you feel like someone has ripped your heart out. My deepest sympathy to your friends. I'll be praying for them.

Do i need to do three rounds of aran or just to 10" or 12"? I love making the flower and I have two made and ready to go but I have 5 rounds of aran making it a 12" square.

Help:)

sissie

Hi Sissie, the square calls for 3 rounds of aran after the green leaves and then the color that you used that was closest to the gold center. I will gladly wait for your squares. Thank you again for taking the time to do them.

Archived