Mobius wrap

I made a beautiful mobius wrap last year. I never wear it though because it won't stay up. It is so gorgeous, with fabulous yarn, and I drool when I look at it in my closet. It is also so nice and warm.

Is it just me or did I make it too big? (I have had health problems and consequently, I am a tiny person.)

I love the green mobius wrap that is advertised at the top of our c-ville posts all the time, and I think I may have to make it. :lol Since I don't wear my other gorgeous one, WHAT AM I THINKING?!

I love the green wrap that's advertised also.....

Regarding yours....did you make it in the round with the twist in it already, or did you crochet it in one long rectangle with the twist put in when you joined it together? If you crocheted it flat then twisted it when you joined it together, I would take out the seam and frog it back some so it was smaller. Don't let beautiful yarn go to waste!!! LOL!

What if you ran some elastic thread through both the top and the bottom? Or, make a flower of matching or coordinating yarn with some long chain 'tails'. Then tie the flower on using the tails to snug it up close to your body.

Just ideas off the top of my head... hope something works so all your hard work and the gorgeous yarn don't go to waste.

Joan

I too like the green wrap a lot and in fact plan to make something similar very soon. Why not try what SmokeyP81 has said. I think that is the best idea as putting an elastic might spoil the pattern and the look alltogether. You could also try to make spaghetti straps to hold it up,but on its own it has a different look .

Hope you can do something and let us see the results.

Regards,

We ladies with small shoulders often need adjustment from the more average sizes. Everything and I do mean EVERYTHING slips off my shoulders if not altered for me. I finally changed a slip this week, moving the back straps toward the middle and permanently sewing down the adjustible straps to be the right length. I must list to the left, LOL, because the left strap still falls off my shoulder some but it's much better. I agree with smokeyp81: take it apart at the seam and frog back a couple of inches or motifs. Pin it or baste it together then try it on for a few minutes to see what happens. It sounds too pretty to let it languish in your closet. Fix it and wear it!

Archived