Lion Brand links

Am I the only one here that whenever someone post a link to LB that I get the login page only? Yes, I'm signed up there but I share my computer with dh and can't stay logged in all the time. By the time I log myself in there- I don't have a clue what pattern folks here are talking about because they haven't added the pattern name to their posts! Most of the patterns at LB have at least 5;)or more versions of the same thing!

So, I kindly ask:2blush...... would those of you that use LB as a source for your patterns please, please, please just add the "name" of the pattern you used so I can check LB at my leisure?

It would be most greatly appreciated. :manyheart

OR

:thinkIs there something I'm missing that I should be doing(computer settings/buttons to clicky type thing...) in order to just go to said links directly without having to log in there every time?

Thank you.

I agree, names would be helpful.

You can always go back to the post and reclick the link after you've signed it.

Or do what I do. I too share the computer with my husband. However we have it set up so we each have our own log on names. Therefore he can personalize his side and stay logged in to whatever he wants; and I can do the same on my side.

:)

>Or do what I do. I too share the computer with my husband. However we have it set up so we each have our own log on names. Therefore he can personalize his side and stay logged in to whatever he wants; and I can do the same on my side.>

Yea, we have seperate log in names too, but he always!!! clears the temp. files, deletes cookies, clears history, and shuts down EVERYTIME he gets off. So, I can't go that route and stay logged in cause it all has to be booted up again!.... pain the the patootie. But he's quirky like that. Ha

BTW Empress: where in GA are you? I'm in the Kennesaw area.

No matter where I am when I click the link for LB I get the same page too. But I log in and then reclick the link and It gets me there. It can be a pain in the rear!

Kim

In the past, whenever a link would lead to a Lion Brand pattern, I would get the sign in page and have to put in my name and password before I could see the pattern. In the last two weeks, however, the links have taken me right to the page with the pattern on it. I was beginning to wonder if Lion had changed something on their site so that it was no longer necessary to put in the name and password any more. Now after reading this thread I'm wondering why it has been taking me right to the pattern page, because apparently everyone else is still having to put in their names and passwords. Odd.

I have high security on my comp...and cannot stay logged in to ANY webpage. So, I have to log in every time I turn on my comp. Apparently you are auto logged in, and this is why you don't have to do that anymore.

Blessed Be.

I share the computer with both my husband and son, and all have our own log-ins and home pages. But I don't have to log in to Lion Brand everytime, unless I clear the temp files, history,etc. My OS is WinXP, so I can clear temp files without deleting log-ins.

I agree that it would be helpful to at least post the name of the pattern... so that you would know what to search for.

Uh... if your hubby clears these temp files and history every time he goes to log off... does he have something to hide?! Mine doesn't even know how to do that.. so I have to do all the maintenance on the computer.

When you follow the link, try clicking the back button after you login. The site actually takes you to the pattern before realizing that you aren't logged in. It just happens so fast that you can't see it.:)

No matter where I am when I click the link for LB I get the same page too. But I log in and then reclick the link and It gets me there. It can be a pain in the rear!

Kim

This is exactly what I do. I also have automatic login, but sometimes it doesn't work. There is also times that I go to the site directly and it asks me to sign in but when I try it accepts my password only to do nothing...:angry I usually have to do it several times before it works.

I can't remember but if they have the box for "remember me"... be sure to check that box. Your computer may auto enter your log in. I used to have that problem EVERY time I clicked a Lion Brand link.

Now I use CC(Crap Cleaner free version) to save cookies to places I visit regularly, & I just added Lion Brand to the list of cookies to save. That way when I clear cookies & temp files, the CC program saves my cookies to Lion Brand, Crochetville & other places but deletes all the other stuff. Now when I go, it will take me to the pattern instead of the log in page.

I can't get on it at all. In the two years scince I signed up with them the site has never stored my password so I have to ask for a new every time but for the last six months they wont even send me a password. I even signed up with a new email but the same problem so I just don't even bother with the site anymore. These problems are very unprofessional for such a well known company. :(

"Cherokee2 said:

Uh... if your hubby clears these temp files and history every time he goes to log off... does he have something to hide?!"

HEHE:lol Naw, I'm always right there in the room with him. He just does it for security reasons. He's funny that way. Never saw a computer he trusted:lol

"forestergirl says: When you follow the link, try clicking the back button after you login."

I do but it's more than that one click process and that's just wrong! :angry;)

"kazily says: if they have the box for "remember me"... be sure to check that box."

I've never seen a remember me box.

And "Now I use CC(Crap Cleaner free version) to save cookies to places I visit regularly, & I just added Lion Brand to the list of cookies to save. That way when I clear cookies & temp files, the CC program saves my cookies to Lion Brand, Crochetville & other places but deletes all the other stuff."

COOL Is this something you found on line? Where can I go look at it? Sounds like just what I need!

"zeropixie said:I can't get on it at all. In the two years scince I signed up with them the site has never stored my password so I have to ask for a new every time but for the last six months they wont even send me a password. I even signed up with a new email but the same problem so I just don't even bother with the site anymore."

This is so sad. You shouldn't have to miss out on all the great patterns because they can't get it right. Now I'm thankful that I can even get in there, pain that it may be and won't complain about it anymore.

Thanks for all the tips and hints ya'll. I appreciate your input.

Archived