Ok, ladies (and/or Drew) - I need your help!

csabers

Question

Hello! I've been asked by a co-worker to copy a doily belonging to her mother. Here is a photo:mjdoily.jpg

th_doily.jpg

I've never seen a shape quite like this, but admittedly I'm no doily queen. Since there are several here, I thought I'd check here first.

Thank you for your help!

Sorry all! I fixed the photo. It's there and clickable.

Sharon: That really is very close! Thank you so much! Even though it isn't the same going over it will help me figure out how it's done.

I cant seem to find all my patterns so havent come across this one yet..

Anyway it is working in the round and than after that you work on each side the remaining pineapples.. I will keep searching for the pattern..

WooHoo, I found it! :yay

It was in an 1983 issue of Magic Crochet. It is called "Wings"

The directions are charted with a few written notes. I really don't think it would be all that hard to make. It is done in sections. The center is worked first then either end with the small side pineapples completed last.

Rebecca

WooHoo, I found it! :yay

It was in an 1983 issue of Magic Crochet. It is called "Wings"

The directions are charted with a few written notes. I really don't think it would be all that hard to make. It is done in sections. The center is worked first then either end with the small side pineapples completed last.

Rebecca

Rebecca, thank you very much! I really appreciate it. :cheer

You are welcome Celeste. I forgot to mention it is in issue Number 28. I had a stack of old crochet magazines I was going thru to see if there were any keepers and stumbled across it. I got so excited I could hardly wait to get online. :lol

If you can not find that issue let me know and I'll get you a copy of the pattern.

You are welcome Celeste. I forgot to mention it is in issue Number 28. I had a stack of old crochet magazines I was going thru to see if there were any keepers and stumbled across it. I got so excited I could hardly wait to get online. :lol

If you can not find that issue let me know and I'll get you a copy of the pattern.

I got it! I found it at ioffer.com. I should receive it within a few days.

Chatty, be warned: if it looks too hard I'm sending it your way! :P

Thanks everyone!

That's what I figured xantha. It looks like it's worked in rnds until about the second row of loops in the side pineapples, then each end is worked individually and the side pineapples are worked individually.

Doesn't look like it would be too difficult.

:frog

Um...ok...if you and Xantha say so! :blush

I am encouraged by everyone's support. I'm going to work on getting more photos of it. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Thanks to everybody! :hug

Thanks everyone!

Send away, just pm me if you need my mailing addy ;)

I'll be happy to do one up for you, and I'll have the pattern for making more :P

OH you guys are great!:clap I cannot believe that you've all found it, lol. I'm trying to snag a copy myself at ebay. Wish me luck.:)

Thanks everyone!

:eek Oh, no! I just got an email from the ioffer person saying she can't find the particular issue (#28). I'm off to ebay...:ebay

:eek Oh, no! I just got an email from the ioffer person saying she can't find the particular issue (#28). I'm off to ebay...:ebay

I found it, got it and already received the mailing confirmation. Yeah:cheer

I'll keep y'all posted on my progress...

Celeste you'll have to keep us posted on your progress. I received my copy today and I just like it a little more everytime I look at it. It reminds me of a sting ray...

Celeste you'll have to keep us posted on your progress. I received my copy today and I just like it a little more everytime I look at it. It reminds me of a sting ray...

I think I'm going to do mine in DMC Cordonnet, size 10. Ecru, I think. How about you?

I just bought some Caron Grandma's Best in Cream. It's slightly yellow and I think it's going to look great.

WOW! It's a bunch of little pineapples made into 2 big pineapples. Very unique. I like it!!!! It would make a cool shawl!

Archived