Patons SWS?

samijofitz

I think that's the name of it...Soy Wool Stripes or something...I keep touching it, and wanting it...but haven't bought any yet...has anyone used this? How does it felt?

TIA

It is lovely to crochet with, just gliding across the hook. The purse I made myself is felted from it. It felted up super tight really quickley, but it sheds a lot. Make sure you felt it in a bag or pillow case so you don't plug the washer. I had to shave the purse and then it was fine, although it needs it again. I've carried the purse since December and I am loving it.

The scarves and hats I made from it I did not felt. I am not as happy with them, they got pretty rough looking easily. But then I didn't keep any of them for myself. Maybe someone who made a sarafina shaw from it would have more to say on how it wears unfelted.

I agree with appy lover....sws felts super fast! Check it every 5 minutes or so...do not run it through a whole wash cycle. I did a felted hat with this yarn and I felted it too much....it didn't fit me, but I found a friends daughter that it fit great!

I really like this yarn felted. I have never made anything with it that I didn't felt though.

It does felt very fast, and is also good for hand felting. I did a little coin purse for my future dil and used a potato masher and hot water with some baking soda and it worked up to final size very nicely.

• 4 months later...

Ooh, I love SWS...my very favorite yarn. I knitted the "Booga Bag" with it and am going to felt it today. It's just the loveliest yarn.

Archived