Plastic Plarn Scrubber Dishcloths ~Free Pattern

RecycleCindy

Here are 3 dishcloths I made that have plastic scrubbie centers. I used plarn (recycled plastic bags) for the centers and then crocheted with cotton to finish the dishcloths.

scrubbers.JPGscrubbers.jpg

You can mix and match your plarn and leftover cotton scraps to make lots of combinations of dishcloths. I have the two round dishcloth patterns written up and they are free at this link. I'll have the square motif one done soon and will post that pattern also. One important thing, don't put these dishcloths in the dryer as the plastic centers will melt. Line dry only!

My dh's aunt made me a scrubber for xmas and I love it. Where can you find the scrubber material?

I've heard of people cutting strips out of the mesh bags that grapefruits and oranges come in.

I'll have to ask one of the volunteers at work. She makes scrubbies to sell in the hospital gift shop, but i've never seen scrubbie-type yarn here locally.

I've heard of people cutting strips out of the mesh bags that grapefruits and oranges come in.

I'll have to ask one of the volunteers at work. She makes scrubbies to sell in the hospital gift shop, but i've never seen scrubbie-type yarn here locally.

My scrubber material is just recycled plastic grocery bags. I cut them into strips about 1 inch wide to create a plastic yarn or plarn. Here is the link to the picture tutorial on how to make the plarn for your scrubbie center. If you have any questions, please email me.

Archived