Round Ribble for a bed.

That rainbow round ripple (that's almost a tongue twister) is really cool! It's such a unique looking bedspread. I think I'll have to give that a try sometime. Thanks for the idea!

I have made two...one to fit my MIL's full size and one to fit my daughters full size which would easily fit a queen size because it drapes way down on her bed. I would put a picture on, but she is still sleeping as it is a SNOW DAY!!!!:clap:cheer:yay (I also work in school)

Just keep going and it will be large enough.

Gardnr

There is a post here of one that is 104 inches point to point, don't know how much of a bed that would cover but my biggest one is about 76 inches point to point and it cover the lower part of my queen size bed, I am including a link so you can see for yourself.:)

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/mva5493/?action=view&current=DSCN3883.jpg

I would just keeping going until it got to be the size you want, but the bigger it gets, the longer it takes to complete those outer rows.

I wonder if i could make a big one for a bed with a baby afghan round ripple patterns?.:think

since you are repeating the last three rows, you decide when to stop. With each round you have more stitches, and the points become more pronounced but you are still repeating the last three rows.

One thought, if you are using a baby rr pattern, you might want to use something other than baby or fingering weight yarn. I use a i or j hook for one strand, and an N or P for 2 strand.(ww yarn)

Oh dear! It would take about 9 years to complete!

I'm working on an afghan with RHSS in a sc with a J hook. :blink I feel like I've been working on it forever... but it's gorgeous and very comfy! I was going to give it away but with all the work going into it, I may just keep it for myself :devil

Yes, useing baby weight or fingering yarn would almost be IMPOSSIBLE to complete! It would take forever. But if you are willing to commit like years to finish this blanket, then use the finer yarn....it WOULD look stunning. The last half of a large round ripple like those are never ending! It seems to take FOREVER just to get around once! Doing this in a fine yarn would be cruel and unusual punishment in my opinion!:eek....Take Mva5493 and Rosered's advice and use two strands of WW held together and a big hook....you won't regret it!

I'm really getting hooked (pun intended :hook) on these round ripples. I'm doing my first one for my middle DD's boyfriend for his birthday in May. He does know something is being made for him, just not what since I hide it whenever he comes over to visit. What would be a good amount of inches to stop one of these for a twin bed?

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

I haven't made one of these (yet! :D ) but I don't see any reason why you can't just make them as big as you want to! Just keep going around and around...

RoseRed, that's a beautiful RR!

Exactly. Mine is about 54 inches across right now and no end in sight.:lol Besides, it keeps me warm as I work on the rr.

:manyheart

I did one for my mother that was originally intended for a full-size bed. But it ended up downstairs on this church pew that sits right where you walk in the front door where everyone puts coats, purses, etc. She's gotten a lot of compliments on it. She tells them her daughter made it, and they go oh, she must be very talented. If they only knew how easy it is! It's WW RHSS made with an I hook, don't think I'd have the patience for a baby weight.

Archived