Magic Ball swap question

In another of my crochet groups, we are doing a magic ball exchange where you wrap a skein of yarn into a ball, inserting little gifts as you wind the yarn.

This is the first time I've done a magic ball. Does anyone have suggestions on the kinds of things to wind into the ball of yarn? I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks so much !

I've heard of stitch markers (in the package), measuring tapes, anything small and useful for crochet, and other things.

Also fun items such as gift cards, tea bags, chocolate pieces (wrapped of course) and other small things.

The fun is to unwrap them by using the yarn to make something. You won't know what you have until the project is done.

Or you could cheat and reroll the yarn to see what's inside.

:manyheart

I love this idea! I am anxious to see what ideas people have for them. I would think you could put some packets of beads in, a small pom pom maker, a pin (I just picked up a tiny rhinestone butterfly pin at wal-mart that would work in something like this), maybe a thread cutter pendent

I would be tempted to unroll to see the goodies but what motivation to work on your project and get it done!

If you are putting in little items or items that might need some protecting like tea bags, etc. Walmart and Joanns in their craft dept have clear bags in a variety of sizes. The smallest would fit a few buttons inside. The biggest one would fit the crochet markers, 6" rulers, etc. The bags come in quantities of ......I think 100. I use them for all sorts of purposes and they certainly come in handy! They seal tightly by squeezing the horizontal bar. Bigger than these sizes would be ziploc bags from snack size up.

The craft bags work very very well and I have not had a problem with them if properly sealed.

Debbie

Ooooh I love these. My ds11 said he wanted one (he knits) with dollar bills and coins wrapped in it! LOL

My favorite one that I made had a wooden darning egg in the center, post it notes (the teensy ones) stitch markers that I made, a green plastic horse, and some other tiny things. I also used some real pretty yarn that I only had one small skein of. Just enough to make a small something. I think I used some Egyptian cotton yarn.

If you are putting in little items or items that might need some protecting like tea bags, etc. Walmart and Joanns in their craft dept have clear bags in a variety of sizes. The smallest would fit a few buttons inside. The biggest one would fit the crochet markers, 6" rulers, etc. The bags come in quantities of ......I think 100. I use them for all sorts of purposes and they certainly come in handy! They seal tightly by squeezing the horizontal bar. Bigger than these sizes would be ziploc bags from snack size up.

The craft bags work very very well and I have not had a problem with them if properly sealed.

Debbie

the little bags would be perfect...hadn't thought of that! I am making these for the girls in my craft group. There are 6 of them and I am trying to make them as tailored to each girl as possible.

Adreeyen: a dollar in each is a great idea...your ds is so funny!

Sngsmontreal: I also like the idea of securing it with a hook or two!

Archived