Need opinions about this particular thread....

rascalsmom

DMC Baroque. I bought a skein of it, size 10, and am about to start a new doily. I might use this thread, but wanted to see what everyone's opinion of it is. If it's good, I'll use it, if it's questionable, I will get something else.

I have never used this kind before, that is why I ask.

Thanks in advance! :hook

UPDATE: I have started the doily using the Baroque thread. What you have said is true: it is slightly thicker than other size 10 threads. So far, so good. What I like is that it is a nice bright white. I think it is brighter than the Cebelia, which is a great thread.

Thank you all for your input!

I have used Baroque a lot. I like it and don't like it. :lol It is SLIGHTLY thicker than other size 10 I have used (not up to an 8 or 5, but VERY SLIGHTLY). Some skeins are wound VERY tightly and the thread kinks back in on itself (but I know others in the 'Ville haven't ever had that problem) and I sometimes spend just as much time untangling thread as crocheting. But it's pretty finished and washes and wears well. It's one of my favorites to use for thread baby booties.

I don't know if I helped you or not??? :think

Good luck with your doily,

Nicole

I have used Baroque--I've made dozens and dozens of doilies with it, and they are okay. It is no longer my favorite, because when I compare those older doilies with my newer ones, the thread just doesn't have as nice a sheen. Since I can't get Baroque any more, it's just as well that I don't prefer it. However, I think it is fine for doilies, although I agree, it is just a shade thicker than other size 10 threads.

I haven't used it for doilies, just for edging a baby blanket. I loved the feel of it. It worked quite smoothly. I got mine at Odd Lots which made me question its quality at first, but it has a nice sheen and washes well.

I used Baroque for bed spread and I am currently making table cloth with it.

I did not see any problem, yes some of them has tangled centers but they are fine. I did not use them for doilies.

Mine was like others some great and others not so great. I LOVE DMC cebelia fr oanything. It is a very nice thread adn it has a beautiful sheen and it also wears wonderfully with washings and such.

Archived