FreePatterns.com & frilly little dresses

diamond

I was just browsing thru Freepatterns and cannot believe all the new patterns that are there. Or maybe I just never noticed them before. But there are lots of frilly little girls dresses among many other patterns. Is it me, or have they always been there? :think

I just sent an email to Freepatterns.com....how they can claim to be a free pattern site when many of their pattern links take you to e-patterns where you have to pay for the pattern. It's just wrong....here's my email to them.

I thought you were a free site! Your name states you are FREEpatterns.com, yet many of your patterns NOW take us to another site where the patterns aren't free. You should go back to the way you were or change your name. You're misleading consumers and that is not only wrong, but illegal. It's called 'bait & switch' in the advertising world and most other worlds as well. It's very deceptive.

It is getting kind of annoying! They have some cute stuff, but, of course, the cutest stuff isn't free. And they've been renaming their links, too...I don't know what's up with that.

I tried to find an email address to do just that. I am really P.O'd about that.

I thought there was something wrong with the site when I first noticed the patterns were not all free anymore. I've used this site for quite some time and

now I am just plain annoyed that they are doing it this way. At least address the new set up. So everyone knows what they are doing.

Lisa

Lisa, once you've signed into Freepatterns, scroll to the very bottom to the little icons. Click on the one for HELP once there, the first main sentence says "If you do not find the answer to your question on this page, please contact us by filling out our form.", that's where I sent the email.

I agree. I think the site is owned by Annie's Attic and I am very upset with them and will never buy anything from them again. I sent away for a pattern for about $2.50 and they sent me the wrong pattern and some other crummy ones and signed me up without asking for a monthly club for $4.50 per month. I sent them a nasty letter complaining and do not like them at all....:manyheart

Hmmm...Now I know I am not crazy! I ordered some patterns from Annie's Attic too, and they signed me up for their little dinky magazine at some outrageous price for six issues...They sent me a bill and said I had requested it! I didn't think I did, and now I know I probably didn't! I just wrote on the bill that I DID NOT request it and sent it back to them! I really hate it when companies do that!

Yes, I agree, I hate that too. They give their company a bad name. We should alert people to Annie's Attic trick to sign people up automatically to a monthly subscription with out asking. Because of this I will never use them.

On another crochet board that I belong to, the subject of Freepatterns.com came up also since they are sending people to a site where you can purchase patterns. I tried to check out one pattern just to see what was happening and it took forever to load and then it was the ad to purchase it. Not good customer service.

I used to subscribe years ago to different Annies Attic subscriptions and occasionally would order from them. They were good at that time (which was in the 80's) but then I noticed every month there were corrections on many of their patterns (more than there should be) so I stopped subscribing to them.

LI Roe

Archived