But how big will it be???

I just got this site as a recommendation from a group I am in.

http://illuminations.nctm.org/ActivityDetail.aspx?ID=87

This site will tell you how large the circumference will be if you put it the (approximate) diameter of the circle you have. say you are working on a hat pattern and you want to know when to stop increasing.

(eg) ...if your circle is almost 6 inches (5.89) across, it will end up being about 18.5 inches around.

I'm just sharing the recommendation... I would be interested in hearing some feedback on this site. Does it work for you?

I went to the site just now, but to me it seems like unnecessary time spent. I keep a little calculator with my supplies and anytime I need to know the size for a hat I just take the circumference I'm aiming for and divide by pi (3.14) to get the diameter to aim for, and vice versa. That's what the site was doing, but it seems easier just to use a calculator.

I think this is a very handy tool. Thanks Darski. I'm always needing to know what diameter to make the circle when making hats for my little niece. Also, thanks to the others for the Pi info. I didn't know that.

Archived