GourmetCrochetBobolettaSweater CAL

HappyBunny

Anyone else have this pattern and want to give it a try with me?:cheer

Anyone already make this jacket and want to tell us how it went and post pics? :clap

Here is the link, it's not a free pattern...

http://www.gourmetcrochet.com/index_files/Page607.htm

The designer also has an Ebay shop where you can buy the pattern.

A couple of us have already started and would love to have company for this CAL! :crocheting

Kim

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Kim....you know that I am in.

Have you started yet? Tell me what kind of yarn you are using and what color it is. Let's see, I am using Berrocco Ultra Alpaca in Agate Mix. It is my first time using this yarn and so far, I :manyheart it. SO soft and runs through my fingers like butter.

Hope others will join us.

Well, Kim....you know that I am in.

Have you started yet? Tell me what kind of yarn you are using and what color it is. Let's see, I am using Berrocco Ultra Alpaca in Agate Mix. It is my first time using this yarn and so far, I :manyheart it. SO soft and runs through my fingers like butter.

Hope others will join us.

LOL, well, it looks like it's just you and me! :) I love the Berrocco Ultra Alpaca...that's a gorgeous yarn. I have two yarns, KnitPicks Twist in a lavendar color and Classic Elite Renaissance in a Burgandy. I started with the Knitpicks on Thursday but I'm not sure I'll like the jacket in that color. This weekend I'm going to start over with the Classic Elite and see how it looks. I'll let you know once I decide! :think

Kim

I just purchased the pattern, and think that this would be perfect for my daughter. She has wanted a sweater for a while but I couldn't find the perfect pattern. She is on medication that has made her gain weight and I think that this will be flattering for her fuller figure. I have some things to finish first, but I am anxious to start on this.

Oooh, I love this pattern! How much yarn does it take for whatever size would fit a 35-36" bust? Like I don't have enough other things I want to make!

I just purchased the pattern, and think that this would be perfect for my daughter. She has wanted a sweater for a while but I couldn't find the perfect pattern. She is on medication that has made her gain weight and I think that this will be flattering for her fuller figure. I have some things to finish first, but I am anxious to start on this.

Hi Denise, join in any time you're ready! It's a gorgeous pattern and I know your daughter will love it. Let us know what yarn you'll be using. I'm still trying to figure that out and may have to go yarn shopping!

Kim

Oooh, I love this pattern! How much yarn does it take for whatever size would fit a 35-36" bust? Like I don't have enough other things I want to make!

Hi Amy, According to the pattern, it says regardless of the yarn you choose, it will take 22-28 ounces. It says you can use any type yarn for the pattern and use the appropriate size hook for the yarn. The sizing is XS-M, L-XL, etc. The 35-36" would be in the XS-M size range (bust measurement up to 38")

It says there are no seams or construction of any kind so when you're finished crocheting, all you have to do is weave in the ends and it's ready to wear! I'm really looking forward to giving this a try, all I have to do is choose my yarn. I thought I had one picked out until someone said they were doing it in Berrocco Ultra Alpaca and now I have 'yarn envy'...LOL

Kim

Gormet Crochet was KIND enough to resend me the pattern, as I lost it in my putor crash, lesson learned there!! Oh how nice of them!!!

I will be IN on this CAL!!! Going out today or tommorow to pick out yarn, as I have to go to the hospital for lab this weekend anyways, so why not swing by the yarn store....hahahaha...hubby will love that.....

YIPPIEEE I AM IN!!!

Gormet Crochet was KIND enough to resend me the pattern, as I lost it in my putor crash, lesson learned there!! Oh how nice of them!!!

I will be IN on this CAL!!! Going out today or tommorow to pick out yarn, as I have to go to the hospital for lab this weekend anyways, so why not swing by the yarn store....hahahaha...hubby will love that.....

YIPPIEEE I AM IN!!!

That's fantastic!! I was hoping you would still want to make the sweater since you had started the other thread.:yay

This is going to be fun!!

Kim

Yes indeed! I am thinking however with my budget, or lack of one,...lol.. I am thinking of going with Caron One pounders for mine......what does anyone think about that, it says you can use any yarn, and just use hook size required for that yarn. So I BELIEVE that is what I will use, I have to wait now till tommorow to get my yarn, having a bit of a fatigue day today....compleatly drained of energy, and it's -6 outside now and that is NOT counting the wind chill.....so I gotta wait till tommorow, but its okay, and I have to go for lab anyways, so I will be forced to leave the house...:lol

Oooh, I'd love to get into this. :yay

And yes, it does go into my size (not many patterns go that high). :blush

But I have a couple of WIPS that I have to get done first.

Maybe I'll check back in a month and see how everyone is doing. :)

I think the Caron One Pounder would be perfect! I'm really considering using Caron SS for mine....I have some here at home that I may just have enough to make the pattern. I really want to make the gray version on the pattern though and I don't have that color!

Kim

I want to make the blue version, but in a different color, I am thinking white, or black...... and I see in todays paper Micheals has the pounders on sale for 5 bucks.....now, I get to go to th doc tommorow, so just to sneak over to Micheals and gat a pounder......:D

I would love to get into this one. How long does it take to get the pattern? Right now I don't have the extra to buy it but hope I could get it soon.

Went ahead and got it today. You can get it immediately. They'll send you the link to the pattern.

Looks relatively easy, and I want to get it done for summer wearing. I still want to finish a couple of WIPs before getting into this though. I'm thinking maybe RH Symphony? That goes on sale from time to time (although not right now).

ok what a pretty pattern one question before i buy lol and im trying not too click but i have too is it a difficult pattern as my mom wants to learn to make wearables so of course i get to teach her lol she can sew all day long and i mean really well but im having to teach her more than the 2 stitches she knows in crochet which i dont mind it gets us mom/daughter time

This is my first wearable with sleeves so I can't say if it's going to be difficult but so far the pattern seems easy to follow. Hope that helps!

Gina, I'm still on Section 1 but I'm moving along!

Kim

OK, so I couldn't wait! I have been home the last few days with a virus and tried to work on just what I should be, but alas this kept calling so I started one yesterday in Vanna White yarn--black. I am about to go to step 2 and so far it seems simple enough. I am having a hard time visualizing the parts though. This one won't be for my daughter because I only had enough yarn to make a smaller one, so I concider this practice. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

I'm so glad you posted! I have been having a hard time visualizing the 'parts' too as I was reading thru the pattern. I guess as we go from section to section it will make more sense?

I'm going to try to get to section 2 today or tomorrow so we can all try it together. I know Gina's waiting on us to catch up to her!!

Kim

I am finished section 1 and am going to start section 2...how is everyone else doing with theirs? I'm still having a hard time visualizing how this is going to turn out but I'm trusting that it will. It's sure different from any other pattern I've done. I'm using Moda Dea Dream in a gorgeous shade of pink. It's really nice to work with...and I got it on sale at Michaels for $2 a skein!

Hope everyone's doing well!

Kim

Kim,

I am glad that you are on the same spot that I am on. I am also unclear on how it will all pan out...but I know it will work. O.k...I understand that you now crochet in a circle. How is going for ya??? Chat soon.

Archived