GourmetCrochetBobolettaSweater CAL

HappyBunny

Kim,

I am glad that you are on the same spot that I am on. I am also unclear on how it will all pan out...but I know it will work. O.k...I understand that you now crochet in a circle. How is going for ya??? Chat soon.

Hi Gina! Did you go ahead and start section 2? I have to say I just sat and read and reread the directions for almost 20 minutes before I finally figured out what to do next....LOL, I was almost in tears and feeling so dumb! I stopped, took a deep breath and read it again and it finally makes sense...thank goodness!

Now having said that, I still can't for the life of me see how this is going to be something wearable. I am making the s/m size for my niece but it just looks so tiny right now. Did you feel the same way once you finished section 1?

Kim

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am on the last rnd of the body ruffle. I had to get more yarn. It is taking more than I thought it would, and had to get to Michael's while they were having a sale on Vanna. I hope to be able to start the sleeves. Once you start building the body with section 2 you can see it taking shape. It is simple once you get into it, but I think I read it 5 or 6 times before I started. Think of a circle with two holes in it for you arms to go through, and the top part of the circle folding down to make the collar. You should start seeing it taking shape soon.

Thanks Denny, I was thinking (more like hoping!) that last night when I was reading the pattern again. Do you like how it's turning out?

Gina, I am halfway thru section two and should have it finished by lunchtime today. Are you just finishing your section 2?

Kim

I will take a pic of my section1/section2 when it gets sunnier around lunchtime and post it. Hopefully it will look like yours and Denise's sections! I will be starting the ruffle this afternoon!

I'm already imagining the different yarns I could use for this pattern so I think I will probably make another one.

Denise, do you think your daughter is going to want one too?

Kim

Here's a pic of the yarn I'm using and my progress so far. The pic came out a little light in color. I need to do two more rows for section 2....Hope this is what everyone else's is looking like!! :cheer

boboletta.jpg

boboletta2.jpg

ModaDeaDreamYarn.jpg

Kim

Nope , I don't have the yarn yet.......urghhhh....

I DO have to finish this RR first anyways.....

don't forget about me, I am here, and I WILL get the

yarn, I WILL...........

Nope , I don't have the yarn yet.......urghhhh....

I DO have to finish this RR first anyways.....

don't forget about me, I am here, and I WILL get the

yarn, I WILL...........

Start whenever you're ready! You'll love the pattern. I'm sure I'll be making another one soon. I thought about doing a Gourmet Crochet CAL after this one so we can work on other patterns by her too!

Kim

This sweater is stunning. Don't know if I'm going to be able to join the CAL, but I downloaded the pattern for future use. Anyone doing a larger size and want to share how the measurements are working out for you? I wear a 2x and have had a terrible time with sweater sizing. I look forward to seeing your finished sweaters.

Oh dear, it appears I scared everyone away when I posted pics of my work....:lol:lol:lol Hope everyone is still working on their Boboletta and it's going ok!

I am going to finish the ruffle today and then start on the sleeves. I think this pattern is very fun once you get it figured out!:yay

Kim

Oh Kim...you did not scare us...hehehehhe. I have been MIA because of a sinus thing, ugh. Your is turning out great...thanks for taking pics. I am bringing this project to a superbowl party tomorrow. (Go PATS) How is the ruffles going?

I want to see others progress too! Take pics.

I just received this pattern today. Please tell me it's not as hard as it looks! I'd love to make it for my mother for her birthday in March. I bought Red Heart Super Saver in Soft White. Do you think that will be ok?:scrachin

Oh Kim...you did not scare us...hehehehhe. I have been MIA because of a sinus thing, ugh. Your is turning out great...thanks for taking pics. I am bringing this project to a superbowl party tomorrow. (Go PATS) How is the ruffles going?

I want to see others progress too! Take pics.

Hope you're feeling better!!:yes I finished the ruffle on the body and now I'm working on the sleeves. I tried it on and the sizing seems to run true. I can see where I made some mistakes and some of my joinings are a little rough looking but all in all, I'm please with it so far! Or at least pleased that I was able to follow the pattern this far. ;)

Have Fun at the Super Bowl Party! (I want the Patriots to win too!)

Kim

I just received this pattern today. Please tell me it's not as hard as it looks! I'd love to make it for my mother for her birthday in March. I bought Red Heart Super Saver in Soft White. Do you think that will be ok?:scrachin

Hi, It would be gorgeous in soft white! I really think you can make this pattern with just about any yarn you like. If you follow the pattern step by step and don't think ahead too much, it's easy to figure out. If you have any questions, ask us. LOL, I'm not sure how I figured out some of the steps but between all of us, we should be able to help? :lol

Kim

Nanmeyers...no problem. How is it going!!!! I am steadily rounding the second step and finally figured it out...haha. I looke back on the directions and think...."duh, why didn't I understand that the first 50 times I read it." I guess it took 51 tries.

Hope everyone is liking the project so far!!!!!!

Archived