snowflake afghan/potholder

I couldn't find a general topic, so if this is in the wrong place please move :)

I have seen posts here and there of the free online pattern for snowflake afghan. I had made this potholder years ago and thought I would share it for those who would like to make a snowflake potholder, but it also makes a lovely afghan.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ranch/4054/snowflakeph.htm

Blessings,

Kath

Thanks Kath sooooooooooo much for that link.

I started a scarf with that pattern in size 3 thread awhile back and lost the pattern. Yipeeeee now I can finish it.

I also made the snowflake afghan in 2006 for DD who was 21 at the time. She loves it.

Brenda

Yes, I saw your thread but from reading it appeared to be some other pattern that someone suggested. Was it not?

I had also seen another snowflake afghan that was hex and thought this potholder would be easier to convert to sew together.

Is this your pattern too? How awesome is that!?

It must be a God thing! :)

blessings,

Kath

mamarose pointed me to this thread and I really do think this is the same pattern!!

I'm printing it out and will try to get around to making one tomorrow to see if they do in fact match.

Some of these squares are unfinished. The border looks to be pretty easy but how nice if I don't have to figure it out on my own!

It does look the same!:flake I remember that thread now and didn't connect the two either! Took my daughter to piano lessons tonight and got 2 more squares done while I was there. This is such a quick and easy pattern, I may try an afghan too using a different color combination for each one. I love the blue and yellow squares you got Barbara Jean!

I am enjoying using varigated threads for both the snowflake and the background--you could do some in other colors to add in with the squares you have! Lots of possiblities!:hook

It does look the same!:flake I remember that thread now and didn't connect the two either! Took my daughter to piano lessons tonight and got 2 more squares done while I was there. This is such a quick and easy pattern, I may try an afghan too using a different color combination for each one. I love the blue and yellow squares you got Barbara Jean!

I am enjoying using varigated threads for both the snowflake and the background--you could do some in other colors to add in with the squares you have! Lots of possiblities!:hook

Oh, I love your potholders, especially the the one on the top right with the varigated blue as the border. I think I may have bit of a similar yarn in my stash. If so, that's what I'll use on mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, an update on the snowflake potholder and the ebay squares I bought.

I did finally get around to making one and it is definitely the pattern this dear lady used to make her squares. I wish so much I knew something of the history of these squares. I wonder why she chose to make a snowflake pattern in yellow and blue.

Anyway, for those who are not following my thread about the squares I bought on ebay I thought I'd show you how I've decided to join my snowflake squares.

ebaysquares.jpg

Archived