The Yarn Is On Its Way!!!

I'm so excited! I just finished shopping at the Knitting Warehouse site for the yarn for my Cathedral Rose Window afghan! I was originally going to go for second day air shipping until I discovered that it was $25 (I almost keeled over with that one!) so I went back and decided to go with their flat rate $5.99 rate. It will take a couple of extra days to get here, but I'd rather wait than waste money being impatient.

It took me the better part of an hour to decide what colors to use, but what a delicious dilemma to be in! I was going to use the colors that are shown in the pattern pamphlet, but apparently the "Gemstones" variegated is difficult to find in the Super Saver size, so I went with other colors for now. It took me a moment to arrive at the very simple realization that, hey!, I can make more than one of these!, so I can always purchase the Gemstone variegated when I see it and make one in those colors another time. I know, I know, I could have purchased the Gemstones yarn in the regular size skeins and just bought more of them, but it was pricey enough for the yarn I bought, it would have been some $10 more to buy the 3 ounce skeins. As it is, it cost me $50 for the 14 skeins of Super Saver at $2.97 per skein plus the $5.99 for shipping.

The colors I chose for my first Cathedral Rose Window afghan are black (of course), BananaBerry (for the variegated), Spring Green and Turqua. I wasn't sure whether to do the parts that are amethyst in the model afghan in the Spring Green or the Turqua, so instead of ordering 2 skeins of one and only one of the other, I ordered two of each and I'll decide when the yarn gets here which one I'll use for which parts. I'm sure I'll find something interesting to use the extra skein for.

There are just so many beautiful variegated yarns available now that my mind boggled when it came to choosing just one! I know that this is a project that is going to take a bit of time, but I am looking forward to doing a few of these, both for myself and to use as gifts for people who are important to me. So eventually I will get to sample as many of the beautiful variegated yarns as I can! Now I just can't wait for it to get here! I'm just itching to get started!!

Elle

Great job I can't wait for you to get it and make it and post it lol. I love that site I bought yarn there quite a few times. I love their shipping is only $5.99 no matter how much you spend.

Great job I can't wait for you to get it and make it and post it lol. I love that site I bought yarn there quite a few times. I love their shipping is only $5.99 no matter how much you spend.

I agree! The $5.99 is a great price for shipping! As long as they have the yarn I'm looking for, I'll probably use them from here on in if there is something specific that I'm after, and I'll definitely use them for orders of quantity unless Smiley's has it and my order is over $45 and I can get it shipped for free.

Elle

I usually get my stuff from them on about 3 days, they are really good about getting it processed quickly.

Oh, that's great!!! Here I was thinking it was going to be more like a week or two because of the low cost of shipping, I figured it was going to be sent by the slowest method. Since I wasn't in a hurry for it, that's why I went with the $5.99.

Elle

I have been looking at this patern off and on and thinking that I should crochet the afghan and then enter it into our County Fair next Fall.

Whattya think?

This afghan is a Fair entry for sure. I thought of that when I do it. A lady at work asks me about it when I see her, she tells me how she entered her mom's crochet work for her because her mom wouldn't:lol. So this would be the one to enter.

I have been looking at this patern off and on and thinking that I should crochet the afghan and then enter it into our County Fair next Fall.

Whattya think?

I think it's a great idea because, truthfully, that was the plan I had for one of the ones I'm going to make. Our fair is in October, I'm fairly certain that I can have at least one of them done by then. We also have our county museum in town, and a couple of times a year they have exhibits from locals of quilts that they have made and of afghans that they have knitted or crocheted. That one is in the summer sometime. I'm hoping that I have one done by the time that rolls around.

Elle

Wow! You must be so excited to get started on that pattern..... it is LOVELY! I am really looking forward to seeing it when it is completed! Don't forget pictures!!!

i did the original cathadel window years ago, it took me 1 year to finish. due to hurricane katrina i have lost my window and patterns. i plan to order the pattern and yarn from annie's but i would like to make one order instead of 2. can anyone give me the list of colors and the ounces needed for the pattern.

obsoon AT yahoo DOT com

thanks

obsoon

Wow! You must be so excited to get started on that pattern..... it is LOVELY! I am really looking forward to seeing it when it is completed! Don't forget pictures!!!

I will absolutely post a photo of it when it is done. :) I received an email from yarn warehouse today that it has been shipped, so it should be here any day now. It's just as well that it didn't come today, even though it was my day off, I've been sick with a stomach flu or something since Saturday morning and had to go all the way to Houston this morning to see my neurologist for my regular appointment on top of everything else, so I haven't so much as looked at a hook since sometime Friday. It was a miserable trip and I'm glad it's over, and I think the worst of the flu thing is over now, too, so the yarn can now arrive at any time and I am READY!

Elle

i did the original cathadel window years ago, it took me 1 year to finish. due to hurricane katrina i have lost my window and patterns. i plan to order the pattern and yarn from annie's but i would like to make one order instead of 2. can anyone give me the list of colors and the ounces needed for the pattern.

thanks

obsoon

I've sent you an email. :)

Elle

Archived