What do you do for an unfinished xmas gift?

Happy New Year !:)

I'm fairly new in crochet, I first learned in Feb 2007. After a ripple afghan that was too narrow and I'm giving it to my ds2 instead when I finally finish it. I started my uncle's ripple afghan yet again. Well, I've meant to finish my uncle's afghan for Christmas but I didn't, it was 4 inches too narrow, I have to do something maybe a sc then another ripple on the width. His BDay is end of March which will be the beginning of spring. If I finish the border, then should I give it to him in March ? Or should I hold on to it and give him for this Christmas ?

I'm sorry for this rather silly question! :thinkAny advice would be very much appreciated ! :clapI'll have to start any Christmas gift early this year! :yarn

I would work on it now and finish it - if you wait, you may never go back to it and may even forget what you are supposed to do.

If you decide to wait, then write down the hook size, yarn used, pattern and any other important information as believe me, you won't remember at the end of the year when you go to pick it up again

That's true. Finish it now. If it's cold around his birthday give it to him then, if not you can hold on to it. Or give it to him anyway, if it gets cold at night it's a great blanket to add.

Yes you might forget if you don't finish it... besides then we can see the FO;). And if you do wait, you have one item off your Christmas list.:yes

Debbi

I would go ahead and finish it. Except for this year, I usually have extra finished projects in my craft room. If I didn't get it done this Christmas, I often hold them over for next year and sometimes things come up and I go to my pile of finished projects for a quick gift. :hook

You could just finish it and give it to him as a belated Christmas gift. I'm still working on a filet banner of an angel putting a star on a Christmas tree that's a Christmas (Christmas '07) gift for one of my girlfriends. She knows I've been really bush and she's in no rush for it. It will be finished this week, and I'm going to give it to her as soon as it is. I told her that I was running behind and, since she knows me and knows how overloaded I usually am with things to do, she just laughed and said 'I'm in no rush. I'll be here when you get it done." :)

Elle

If the person I'm making the gift for knows about it, I give them a picture of the WIP if it's not ready on time. If they don't know, then I grab them something quick like a gift card.

I have to agree with the others that say finish it up. You don't want to set it aside somewhere and then forget about it like I did one blanket. Found it while digging out Christmas decorations and realized I hadn't worked on it in... Oh, 10-13 years :eek.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

Because of my decision to move just before Christmas I didn't finish alot of the gifts I was planning to do. One was a nativity from Gourmet Crochet (I think) for my Gram. I wanted to do Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus then make pcs to send throughout the year. Gram's birthday is in October so I think I will start it in the next couple of months and give the whole thing to her for her birthday.

I like the idea of doing it now then saving it for Christmas. That way it's done and you don't have to worry.

My advise. DO IT NOW. I still haven't finished the afghan Christmas present I started in Oct 2006. Missed 2007. I will be start working on it again this weekend. Plan to finish it in January. If I don't do it now I will be confessing in 2009.

where I live March is practically in mid-winter! so I would vote for giving it to him then.

I have just coined a new term ... OFIP ... which means a "oh, forget it" project that I shrug about and pull apart ...

LOL

where I live March is practically in mid-winter! so I would vote for giving it to him then.

I have just coined a new term ... OFIP ... which means a "oh, forget it" project that I shrug about and pull apart ...

LOL

An OFIP :scrachin I like it!! :tup Very appropriate term :lol

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for your replies !:) I'm going to finish the afghan before I start on another afghan! I'm now trying to decide if I should start another one since this one is too narrow and I have to widen it. The afghan now measures 32" x 80". I'm going to start another thread about this!:think

Archived