can needles walk?

• 3 weeks later...
Mine don't walk, they fly... they disappear for days at a time and then, after I look for them for a couple hours, get frustrated, go out, get a new hook same size (heck I am at the store already, might as well get some yarn, right?) few days later I find the hook. I guess it wanted a friend:devil

LOL, I can relate. I'm always at the store buying hooks (steel and aluminum) and scissors. I manage to lose everything. If I'd ever find them again, I stash them away for another time and end up losing them again but eventually find again.....But, if I'd ever find them all again, I bet I'd have about 12 of each somewhere....

Hooks you will learn over time have their own personality...Some walk and some fly away and some love to play hide and go seek and when you are tired of seeking and go buy another one the one hideing must get hurt feelings and come back to where you just looked ..lol...Now dirty dishes they just lay there untill you wash and put away..they dont hide at all...News papers,shoes in the way and on floor they too ..once they find a spot to land in they stay put .....But hooks..they got a mind of their own...LOL

• 2 months later...

I have a lot of hooks in various sizes, mostly "G" because I tend to leave the hook with whatever project(s) I have going, so I need a lot of them. I also lose a lot of them...and usually it's the hook I only have 1 or 2 of to begin with...then find it at a later time when I no longer need it.

Recently, I bought a three pack that had the larger sizes in it (N and two others), but hubby has to take them back. The finish on them is different (or so the hubby says) and I cannot stand to hold them. Same brand as all the others, but they feel icky. I handed them back to him right after opening them and said take them back, there is something wrong with them. Never had that happen before.

I have hooks all over my house and I manage to lose everything. Of course, the quickest way to find something is to buy a replacement :) I love those pretty colored aluminum hooks but I can't seem to hold on to them very long, so I switched to one of those sets where you change the tip and that's a little harder to lose.

I think the only legs involved with my hooks are on the end of four paws with a kitty on the other side! :yarn

Of course, the best is when you spend a lot of time searching for a hook, and later on you realize you stuck it in your hair! Can't even blame the cat then! :blush

Well, whoever the evil:devil doer is that steals my hooks, they leave lots of dust in its place.

I use to swear my old couch ate my hooks, but when we got rid of it, no hooks. Now I wonder. The borrowers sound good, but do they have to leave dust?:lol

Love this thread has given me a good giggle.

Archived