Extra Crocheted Hats

Does anyone know of a charity or group that is taken donations of crocheted hats or doing some kind of "hat drive"? I've made a few extra this year and am hoping to put them to good use. I also have a couple of extra scarves...

Thanks!

:hook

Take them to a local church. I'm sure the minister knows of some families in need locally. My mom's church does alot for the poor families who attend her church.

do you still have the hats? I can take them out of your hands. One of the local hospitals don't have anyone to make hats for their newborns and premmies.

I started working and have 5 done that I squeezed between my holidays projects. I will work on some more as soon as I finish my already started projects.

Any help would be appreciated.:manyheart

A shelter for battered women and children would love the hats.

I have been laid up with my knee and have made 6 hats so far. They are quick, and make me feel like I accomplished a lot.

I am also using up a lot of stash, because each hat uses a ball of fuzzy yarn and a ball of worsted weight.

I belong to a church group and we all make things for the local shelter. For a woman that had to leave her home, it is a blessing to get something warm and lovingly made.

:manyheart

do you still have the hats? I can take them out of your hands. One of the local hospitals don't have anyone to make hats for their newborns and premmies.

I started working and have 5 done that I squeezed between my holidays projects. I will work on some more as soon as I finish my already started projects.

Any help would be appreciated.:manyheart

Thanks for letting me know that. However, these are adult sized hats. I will look into donating them to a shelter.

Hi

I been thinking about doing some kind deeds later on this year myself.

I have been thinking about where to donate. We have a local Salvation Army that gives hats, mittens away to the needy. This is a separate building and not anything to do with the Salvation Army thrift store who sells things.

We also have a place that does things for woman and children who are in

flight from a abusive husband. They take in clothing donations.

Either one of these places would be a good choice is my way of thinking.

I just started crocheting in Nov 07 again, and in Dec, I picked up knitting again. I decided to make the grandkids , some hats. I am still NOT done.

Even the teenager ones like the hats. A nice surprise to me.

We raised 7 ( 4 mine, 3 his ), and we have 15 grandkids between us.

After I get this round of hats made, I will need to get a early start on

ones for next Christmas :)

Does anyone know of a charity or group that is taken donations of crocheted hats or doing some kind of "hat drive"? I've made a few extra this year and am hoping to put them to good use. I also have a couple of extra scarves...

Thanks!

:hook

:crocheting...Hi, I send crochet items to the Oglala Reservation at Pine Ridge , they can always use hats and any warm items this time of year...it gets very cold there ...Best wishes to you!

http://friendsofpineridgereservation.org/

Archived