anyone else have a hook problem...

Hi, my name is Amy, and I too have a hook problem. :blush

I have been crocheting for about a year now, and I love to just collect pretty hooks that I know I'll probably never use (afraid I'll break them or something) But then again, they just stay zippered up in a case and I'll occasionally take them out and oh and ah over them. I always use the same 2 hooks, my boye H and my K tunisian.

i just read this WHOLE thread!!! and had to laugh to myself. SOOOOO

many of the posts could have been me writing them!!!:think:eek i KNOW i don't have 200 hooks.but i have quite a few. my FAVORITE hooks are Boye, have a couple named Hero. i CAN'T use susan bates.(something about the FLAT head design):think recently ROAK the ones i had. but i have quite a few. your standard aluminum ones, several of each size steel hooks(a few recently gotten from husbands' mother) i have some from an elderly lady my mother knew, some of the steel ones have 10cents & 25 cents actually printed in the steel, so i'm sure these are pretty OLD.some bone ones that i don't know what size they are, several BIG plastic ones, probably p, q, r, s's but don't have marked one them. about 15 yrs ago i was crocheting rugs with them.have some size like 14 steel hooks, i know i couldn't use you them now to crochet with, . i used those for doing the picots on my needle tatting.!!!:eek it would be interesting to actually count all my hooks. may do that in my SPARE time.:lol

judy

We clearly have an addiction ladies! I too have several K hooks, but only one H hook. I seem to lose the H hook all the time. The addiction for me is still wanting more. I find hooks to be somewhat pretty in their own right. To me they are a piece of art.

Oh my goodness... I was just thinking about my problem with this earlier today. I have a habit of picking up a new book or magazine and my fingers start itching to create something right then and there. And since I'm not usually out and about with my hooks and random yarn, I end up buying yarn and a hook. I have probably half a dozen H hooks and when Mary Maxim had their tent sale this year I picked up a whole second set of Clover hooks (they were only like $2 a piece, I couldn't resist).

I have hooks and yarn all over my house. They are taking over :eek

I sympathize - I have to count, but I know I have at least 3 G, 4 H, 2 I, 2 J, 2 K...

At one point I was buying hooks when the ones I was using disappered ( about the same time my younger child decided he wanted to hook too). Now I use the Square-shaped bread tags to mark my WIPs (I slip the yarn through the tag and use a Sharpie pen to note the size hook on the tag) and put my hook back in the case. I still lose a hook now and again, but not nearly as often as before.

I too have alot of crochet hooks:hook, of everysize and I use them all. Not alI at once but you know. I love my big wood crochet :hookhooks for crocheting :crochetingwith fabric. I know I must have 200 or more, boyes, susan bates, hero, milward, leewards and more..The last 10 years I have moved 4 times and during those times I bought more crochet hooks because I couldn't find the others that was packed. I do not use lets say blue crochet hooks with blue yarn. I would use a yellow-purple,green any color but blue, I just don't :nodo the matching crochet hook color with yarn.

The other thing I've been crochet almost 40 years now and over the years I get alot of crochet hooks and yarns so someone would say here this is for you my aunt or etc don't crochet anymore etc.

yep I got alot of crochet hooks, afghan hooks, and wood hooks and then there the beautiful ones my husband buys me for christmas every year since we have been together. He gets them off of :ebayE-bay, corian ones, wood ones, acrylic ones, clay ones. I don't have a glass one yet, maybe I should drop a hint for the year 2008 christmas or my birthday..

I don't remember where on the net :computeI saw the glass crochet hooks but my they sure are pretty!

has anyone crochet with glass crochet hooks? sunnywolfgar

I had a few of my own, when I inherited my DH's grandmother's hooks, and she had a lot! Lots of itty bitty ones, for her airy doilies she made. I bet I have thirty hooks, or more, several handmade. I have a one of those roll up quited caddies full of a ll the tiny ones, but I have so many other hooks, I have a plastic file box, one of those thin ones, full of hooks, LOL! I even have a homemade hook out of the end of a broom handle.

Moooooo hahahaha!!! Just what us hook whittlers love to hear!!!! Looks like that hookrodesiac we slipped into your egg nog is working just fine.

Archived