Need Single Crochet Granny Square Pattern

dazzleaireisafondmemory

Question

Does anybody have a pattern like this that is a tight weave? I need it to put on the back of a 4 ply crocheted potholder front. I am trying to make 12 of these in Christmas colors to give to my friends at a meeting. Something small but Christmassy. But if I make a backing with dc then a burned finger could result if somebody tries to use a potholder with spaces on the front and only dc on the back.

Thanks, Kim

10 answers to this question

I just tried one using WW yarn and a 5.5mm hook. I would suggest that you only work 2 stitches instead of 3 in your groupings. with sc, you don't get the height to allow for how hefty these stitches are.

Why not use the "magic potholder" pattern? ....the one that you crochet around-like a tube-and then fold it flat and seam together? The pattern is around here somewhere and it makes a double thickness, heavy potholder.

An alternative would be to not make groupings along the sides, just sc straight across, and only make groupings in the corners.

The most solid would just be straight sc across. You could add a simple christmas tree, snowman head, candy cane, etc. graph in to have a double-sided design!

Does anybody have a pattern like this that is a tight weave? I need it to put on the back of a 4 ply crocheted potholder front. I am trying to make 12 of these in Christmas colors to give to my friends at a meeting. Something small but Christmassy. But if I make a backing with dc then a burned finger could result if somebody tries to use a potholder with spaces on the front and only dc on the back.

Thanks, Kim

You are right about sc being safe for potholders. I always made them with sc on both sides.

Good Luck with your potholders:). I am sure they will look great.

OOps! I did not realized that was OLD post:(

Archived