That is wonderful! How kind of you to spend time with her during this difficult time. Hopefully she will be able to learn English soon. (My neighbor is from the Ukraine and wants me to "show her how to do poncho". She can't read English, either. She already knows how to knit, though, so maybe I can show her how to do one knitting.) That is so awesome for you and for her. Thanks for sharing that.:)

Tina

timelesscreations.blogspot.com

Is she on the wish list? Would be nice to send her some 4-ply worsted yarns to help get her going. She needs to be RAOK"d Did I spell thatt right? If not, you guys know what I meant. Would be nice for her.

Let us all get together and each send her a couple skeins of red heart 4-ply worsted. I have never done the good fairy wish list thing before. Where do we start? Or do we start a new thread? One skein from each of us would be a very nice thing, she would be hooked on crochet for sure!

We could set up a day when we all have our yarn ready to go, and send at the same time. She would get all at once. That would make the surprise even that much better. What do you say Lady's? :hug

Great idea! I can definately send her some yarn. We need an address & name! And it would help in my 'Stashbuster's Challenge'. Instead of buying, I'll be giving away while cleaning out some of my stash and helping a new crocheter keep her mind busy.

Then it's on.

E-mail me for more info if you would like to send her a gift of yarn

and I will add you to the list to notify on the date we will be mailing them off.

So far we have Blues and Greens. Not sure the colors that diamond has yet.

Probably could use some pastels and creams and browns---such as that.

As soon as a group is up and going here, we will post a date to send, that way

she will recieve all at once. That will make it awsome for her.

Thanks guys.

Not sure the colors that diamond has yet.

As I've mentioned in our PMs, my colors are:

2 skeins Red Heart Super Saver in Ocean (blues/teals/green varigated)

1 skein Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Red Sprinkles (red w/sprinkles)

1 skein Lion Brand Baby Soft in Wonder White (solid white)

1 skein Bernat DenimStyle in Indigo (navy/white varigated)

1 package of Susan Bates Crystalite Hooks (G-K)

1 "I Can't Believe I'm Crocheting" book with instructions & patterns.

I want in too. This must be why we buy yarn even when we really do not know what we are gonna do with it. :lol

OK, now everyone has their yarns, and are ready to mail. Set date to mail is this Friday.

Date: May 13, 2005

If you still need the address, Please e-mail me and let me know.

Thanks for all the responses and the gifts that you are sending to her.

She will be pleasantly surprised :manyheart .

• 2 weeks later...

I send my sympathy's. I use crocheting for releif of pain and it provides me with a sense of peace and calm. I hope this will help your sister in-law find that peace.

Blessings, Mary

Archived