Multicolor Purse for Daughter

Julexia

I made this purse to match a shawl I made my oldest daughter. I used Red Heart Super Saver Pinata. I based the purse on this pattern:

http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=2345

Purse:

IMGP0069.jpg

Lining:

IMGP0055.jpg

Close-up of color:

IMGP0054.jpg

I'm not sure if I like the handle. I have a feeling it's going to stretch and look horrible. Luckily, I can easily change it since it is on rings.

So cute! You know, you could line the inside of the handle, too, so it doesnt stretch! Just a suggestion, cause I like how the handle fits in with the purse...:)

:lol I couldn't sleep last night thinking about the handle stretching so I got up and slip stitched both edges of it. I actually like it better because it added a tad more width to the handle, but not enough to change the look of it. :hook I thought about lining it, but my sewing skills are almost non-existent right now. (I'm working on them.) My secret is that my hubby sewed the entire lining by hand! (I did all the pinning.) He never told me he could sew before because "I thought it best if you didn't know"..........:think I wonder what else he hasn't told me?

Archived