Space bags?

Has anyone ever used space bags to store their yarn? I bought a pack at Costco today, I'm really going to try to compress my stash :D

Just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any ill-effects.

Holly

Hahahaha!

That's ok. The space bags are clear so I would be able to see what's in there and pick out what I want before I open it.

If I really need a petting fix, I can open & reseal it :D

Holly

I use my vac and seal bags (you know the kind you are *supposed* to use for food storage) for my yarn storage. It makes the skein pretty flat and can wrinkle the label, but has tripled my storage space. Once the air gets back into the skein, it's all fluffy again. :)

I use my vac and seal bags (you know the kind you are *supposed* to use for food storage) for my yarn storage. It makes the skein pretty flat and can wrinkle the label, but has tripled my storage space. Once the air gets back into the skein, it's all fluffy again. :)

I use plain ol' Ziploc bags; load 'em up and sit on them, it gets a lot of the air out. The thing is, the seal's not always excellent, but if you scrunch them in super-tight in a storage box, they still can't expand too much.

That's a very good idea! We bought a bunch before we moved over here and I just packed one up for my trip back to the states. What filled my large suitcase full to the top now takes less than half of it up. I hadn't thought to use them for yarn though.... just might have to do that when I get back lol.

Has anyone ever used space bags to store their yarn? I bought a pack at Costco today, I'm really going to try to compress my stash :D

Just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any ill-effects.

I would like to hear how it works out for you. I have bought some space bags to store my yarn in but have not actually done it yet :) I might want to use some of it and wonder if it will be a big hassle to unseal and reseal the bags?

Barbara

That's a great idea! I have all of my yarn in our guest room. I got surprise company last weekend and had to try to clean up all my yarn so that they could sleep in that room!

Well, my stash sucking session hasn't happened yet :blush

I got wrapped up in a big presentation for school tonight. I can not *wait* for this semester to be over!!!!!!!!!! I'm taking the summer off too, so there :P

Gonna shoot for Thursday, my next day off. I promise to report back and take pictures to show how much can reaaaalllllyyy fit in those bags.

Holly

Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry interesting. I just purchased some clear totes, thinking I would have lots of storage space. Boy, was I wrong. Maybe I will have to get some bags then put them in the totes. Do Ziplocs come any bigger than gallon size??

Hmmm... going to get the food vac and seal out and suck air out of my clothes before packing for my trip this Friday! Thanks for the idea.

the thing about that is.. your clothes will be full size once you open them with no way to compress them back unless you take the sealer with you .. putting them the roll type bags or even a ziploc and rolling the air out would be better since you could do the same on the return trip..

Archived