Having a tough time with this knitting stuff.

boo1

I decided to try a K1 P1 scarf. I was a few rows into it, put it down. Went to start the next row and couldn't tell whether I had K1 P1'd the last row or knitted the whole row. (Alternating K1P1 with K rows).

So I guessed.

I was wrong.

Now I've frogged the whole thing. And I frogged the last scarf I was making.

:(

:cheer Look very closely at your stitches and you will see that a K stitch looks like a wee V and a P stitch looks like a -.

Remember that a K stitch becomes a P stitch when you look at it from the other side.

If you have a lot of - looking at you as you go to start your next row, you have just done a row on K and are ready to do tour K1, P1 row.

It is very important that you learn to recognise your stitches so that you do not come up against this problem again.

It is the same with Crochet, it is good if you can recognise the stitches so you always know what you are going to do next.

Hope this helps.

Have fun.

Colleen:yay

I had trouble with that at first too Boo....

When you're looking at your work, facing your last row, your purls will be bumps, and your knits will be v's. If you need a few more pics, and help, check out the HowTo's at Lion Brand's website........

Hang in there!! You'll get it!!

Yes, if you become a visual knitter, most mistakes will be fixed easily. No worries, we are here to help you. :) It's good that you learn from the mistakes you make, or no one is good at anything. :manyhearts

Yes, if you become a visual knitter, most mistakes will be fixed easily. No worries, we are here to help you. :) It's good that you learn from the mistakes you make, or no one is good at anything. :manyhearts

....,I should be a genius at SO many things! :)

My suggestion to you though, to help is to write it done on a post it note or something. BEcoming visual will come in time, but until that happens, don't torture yourself.

Yup, I agree with the suggestion of writing down where you leave off when you have to pause in your knitting. I know I need to do that with both knitting and crocheting.

since you frogged 2 scarves, try one in garter stitch to completion...see if you enjoy the process...if you do, you've got a completed project and move on to the next. If you don't, you've got a completed project...:)

I'm working with Kureyon Noro. (Or is it Noro Kureyon? I can't remember!) The scarf pattern is K1 P1 row, K1 row, K1 row, and repeat. It's really pretty. It's hard to put down because it is striping so well. BUT when I do set it down, I write down the last row I did.

Thanks for listening,

Laura :)

Archived