Knitty's Calorimetry

smokeyp81

I know I'm a little late to knit one of these...it's been on my to-do list forever. I had a stray ball of Noro Kureyon in colorway 126 so I sat down last night and had this done in about 1 hour! It was really easy!

Here is the link to the pattern: http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTcalorimetry.html

And the pictures:

knittingcrocheting003.jpg

knittingcrocheting002.jpg

knittingcrocheting001.jpg

(excuse the dirty mirror!)

I plan on making a few more for gifts!

I, also, have been wanting to do this, but I keep forgetting about it. I'm in between WIP's so I may just have to do this now!

Yours looks great! I also love the bright colors, and it looks good on you too.

Ohh, I like, I like! A coworker is making something similar from Drops GarnStudios, but it is one piece and the directions to seam it were way beyond my skills. I like this one much better (but I've never made a buttonhole; is it scary?). This would be perfect for walking the dogs on winter mornings. Love it, smokey! Patty

DesertCrocheter, the pattern says that when you make your short rows that it will leave a hole and that one of those will be your button hole.

I'm hoping that I will be able to use up some thrift store yarn for this. I'm working my gauge right now and just hoping that it will work. ;)

OH man...that looks fantastic. I need to lock myself away for a few years (lol) just to be able to make everything that I want too. This one is definately on it.

GREAT JOB!!!

I posted this last night and I forgot to mention I only cast on 100 stitches. I did a second one with a cast on of 80 and that was too small. It really is a very easy pattern. Like Hazlecreek said....no button holes to make. The short rows (when you turn in the middle of a row) creates holes big enough to put a button thru....

I made 2 more last night!

Archived